By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Your top 3 Switch console exclusive games?

Mine are in no real order but you can do your own. Btw this means no ports from Wii U or otherwise.

Xenoblade 2

Controversial to say but I like this more than the first game. I played the original on Wii in 2011. Loved it. 2 is a little more lighthearted. I think it has a better OST. A more fun battle system story and characters. It's not as original as the first but overall I found it more fun. Plus all the nods to past Xenoblade games and Xeno series from Saga to Gears (Zeke gets a costume to look like Bart) 300 hours I put into it.

Astral Chain

This game in both mechanics. Menu styles. Moves are all nods to past Platinum games. Nier, Bayonetta, Metal Gear Rising, and more. Top it off it has a very 80s anime setting to me anyway. Its story is right out of Neon Genesis Evangelion. It's NGE with Stands instead of mechs. The music is fantastic. One of the best looking games on Switch as well. Bump it up to 1080P and 60FPS and this may as well be a PS4 quality game. If I were to give any advice to new players. Mission 8. You can skip all the side activities despite the game telling you not to lol. Since I keep replaying missions. Over 100 hours even tho it's a 20-hour game.

Daemon X Machina

Shocker a mech game for me. For reasons, I don't know. Mech games like this and Armored Core don't review well very often unless it has a name like Kamiya or Kojima next to it. Despite that. The game is fun as hell. I love the deep customization of both character and mech at any point in the game. Built to your playstyle. Keep several load-outs. It's a simpler version of Armored Core. A little Zone of the Enders and some Armored Core with some anime thrown in. The story is kinda dumb tbh. Has great visuals for the Switch thanks to its high contrast cel-shading style. Fast-paced action mech fun. OST is hit and miss, I'm not a fan of that kinda rock. Still 180 hours later. I love going back to this game. I even try making mechs from other games like White Glint from AC. Jehuty. Metal Wolf Chaos. MUSHA. Psyvariar 2 and more. It's a game for a specific audience and you really like these kinds of games or don't. I adore them.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Around the Network

1. Smash Ultimate2. Breath of the Wild3. Astral Chain

Super Mario Odyssey

Yoshi's Crafted World

Paper Mario: The Origami King

Last edited by drbunnig - on 11 November 2020

Super Mario Odyssey, Mario+Rabbids Kingdom Battle, Animal Crossing New Horizons.

Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Fire Emblem Three Houses

Astral Chain

I would say Breath of the Wild as well, but it is not a console exclusive.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

Around the Network

Inb4- oh wait, people already listing Wii U ports as exclusives. :P

Anyway...

1. Mario Odyssey. It's the Mario 64 sequel I've wanted since I was a kid; imaginative, ambitious, epic, and polished to a celestial sheen.

2. Splatoon 2. Takes the already excellent foundation of the first game and adds a longer campaign with the ability to use more different weapons.

3. Xenoblade 2. Cool story, mostly likeable characters, an amazing soundtrack, and a satisfying combat system.

Aninal Crossing New Horizons

Splatoon 2

Fire Emblem Three Houses

Spent over 600 hours in NH, and over 200 in Splatoon and Fire Emblem

51 Worldwide Games

Luigi's Mansion 3

Snipperclips

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

Pokémon sword, smash ultimate, and mario maker 2

Leynos, unlike you I adore the soundtrack in Daemon X Machina, it's f*cking amazing! All three of your games have excellent soundtracks, I must say. My top three games are probably Super Mario Odyssey, Astral Chain and Xenoblade Chronicles 2 with Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 and Fire Embem Three Houses as runner ups. Does Octpath Traveler count, it got a PC port?