By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - VGChartz - Site Upgrade

I'm getting phantom notifications of new posts on threads I'm following that don't seem to exist when I click to check them.

Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023.

Around the Network
sundin13 said:

A couple minor issues that I noticed:

-The bar under forum posts (with the Thumbs Up, Reply, Quote, etc buttons) seems to have gotten a lot bigger for some reason

-The forum has stopped auto-truncating Quote Pyramids

EDIT: And hitting "Enter" in forum posts doesn't work when in quick post apparently...

Thanks for pointing these out; have added them to our bug/QoL list. Don't hesitate to post if you find any other similar issues.

curl-6 said:
I'm getting phantom notifications of new posts on threads I'm following that don't seem to exist when I click to check them.

Same and the pages at the bottom are 1, 0, 1, 2, 3 etc.

Do the site currently have desktop and mobile version or you tried to make it totally phone friendly?

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Ryuu96 said:
SvennoJ said:

The site is unusable since the update since the scroll bar is gone both in Edge and in Firefox.

Maybe already posted, I wouldn't know. I have to zoom the page out to 50% to reach the submit button here.

Hey! Locked your thread, trying to keep the bug reporting in here, sorry! We'll take a look at it.

No problem, delete it. I could only touch the new topic button since it's at the top of the screen :)

It seems 50/50 atm whether I get the broken Borat add or the CoD one. I got you some clicks anyway trying to scroll haha.

Around the Network

Is it just me or is the site much slower now? It takes ages to load pages.

Ka-pi96 said:

It's not just you. When I loaded in the Reply page to type this, it took nearly 30 seconds, where it used to take maybe 4-5 seconds.

Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023.

Ka-pi96 said:

Something is causing a slowdown, Jlauro is investigating.

I like the new look a lot. I will note though that the homepage has a hell of a lot of images now (meaning graphics or any sort, rather than text). It can be a little overwhelming when looking at the homepage on mobile.  

Suddenly, a good number of my page loads are happening super fast. Not all, but a lot of them over the last 2-3 minutes. I can't figure out any rhyme or reason to it though. Doesn't seem to be pages that I've viewed yet, or anything like that.