By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - VGChartz - Site Upgrade

Wow wow a few changes. Hope your hardwork is rewarded :)Just a few things as a mobile user:1) front page looks really busy now. 2) site is still very unfriendly for mobile. I can't view a post units I scroll left and right or zoom out enough to see the whole box, at which point its hard to read.

Around the Network
curl-6 said:
Ka-pi96 said:
Is it just me or is the site much slower now? It takes ages to load pages.

It's not just you. When I loaded in the Reply page to type this, it took nearly 30 seconds, where it used to take maybe 4-5 seconds.

Same here 40 seconds from quote button to reply, I assume its teething problems with the new look site, so a few glitches are expected.

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

It just took 5 minutes for this page to load. 5 full minutes. I'm on Fiber internet.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Yooooo this looks so good. I didn't read the room and didn't think this was that big of an update planned. It really does feel fresh and more practical. Love the refresh of the forum section, the new weekly total for HW sales as well and how it's positionned. Congrats to everyone involved. Here's to a fresh image before next gen arrives yup yup.

Edit : i am on my average internet i have for my appartement and i have no loading time what so ever. 

I did find at least one major contributing factor to the performance issue. Front page still could use some improvement at times (sometimes it is fast), but it's much better.

Around the Network

**Created a new post which included this content as well as OP screenshots but couldn't delete this old post.....so editing it out.  All original comments are in the one on page 7.

Last edited by Jumpinbeans - on 08 November 2020

Why is the "forums" tab so hard to see anything with now? The user pictures in OPs of Hot topic threads, takes up sooooo much space (and its distraceing to the eye). Visablity is lowered so much, makeing it much harder to read & reach thread topics / thread names.

This is to the point where it feels like it would hurt my enjoyment of useing this forum.

Please revert that part back to how it was.The main point of this site is the forum works, and well, and is easy to use & view (hot topics ect).

That isnt the case anymore, its a HUGE downgrade.The other parts of the site that changed, seem to be for touch screens? Going way from favor of PC users with mouse/keyboards.... but thats something I can live with. The hot topics / forum changes are too much.

(edit. also now it doesnt format text right, when you make a comment, spaceing is missing and stuff, I had to edit and manually fix this)

Last edited by JRPGfan - on 08 November 2020

Cobretti2 said:
Another think I noticed (chrome user). Not sure if it impacts all of the forum or certain areas.I always use the quick reply box at the bottom. I used to be able to type paragraphs. Now it converts those paragraphs into one block of text.This post I typed as three for testing purposes in case it make one block of text here,

^ this.

Commenting is a issue.
You cant have it removeing spaceing, and jumbling everything into 1 wall block of text.

That ontop of how messy the hot-topics are (with the user logos).... its a huge down grade to the forums (main point of the site).

My view absolutely rubbish. Page is much too congested and where before you would list 10 topics over 10 lines its now spread over god knows how much. Another example is the shipments section. it used to be a nice condensed easy to read section, now it absolutely massive with a myriad of tabs. It is also notify slower to load. Its like they are trying to cram everything possible onto the homepage like they used to do in the early 2000's but adding in every colour and graphic they can come up with.The earlier site wasn't the best but it was effective and easy to use and navigate. This new version is awful.......and thats even with blocking all the adverts. With ads omg.

TalonMan said:

1. Front Page

BeforeAfter
  • General aesthetic improvements, less text, more images to catch attention and make it more visually appealing.
  • Rearrangement of certain tabs.
  • Latest Shipment Updates, Blast From The Past, Most Popular Games & Community Contributions now uniformly display 8 items each.
  • "Latest User Reviews" & "Latest Database Updates" merged and also renamed to "Community Contributions".

Charts/GameDB Dropbox

Left - Old - efficient and easy to use

Right - New - cluttered, filled with unnecessary graphics, and generally doesn't flow as easy as the original.

Why is the site so slow now too? it used to be blazeing fast (compaired), now you actually sit there waiting, for it to load a thread.

Thread page changeing takes 15sec or something.
    Editting a comment takes like 5-10sec.
    Front Page loading, takes like 15-20sec too.

These things used to be near instant.
    All these random data base searchings for user pictures for hot topics, as well as the larger pictures latest stories, part has its draw backs.
    Its obviously makeing the site alot slower / more stressing of the server or something.

Last edited by JRPGfan - on 08 November 2020