By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Who Should Make A New Banjo-Kazooie?

RARE + Playtonic teaming up.

Around the Network

Playful Studios is another option, but there are a few other studios like Playtonic and Double fine I would trust with the IP more.

EAD Tokyo!

Playtonic, even through there first game was well received.

CaptainExplosion said:
yvanjean said:

Haha, I missed the warning but I like your passion for this new game, in that case, the best option would Playtonic give them full support as a second party studio to make a proper Banjo. 

And it damn well better not lead to them being acquired by Microsoft. Also, I already said they weren't making another Banjo-Kazooie game.

Why would it be a bad thing for Microsoft to acquire them? While I can accept you being eccentric on Banjo-Kazooie since that game was a critical darling and is beloved by a lot of people. Yooka-Laylee was not a critical success and the game failed to really live up to potential. Playtonic has proven they can do a decent platformer now they just need the budget to take it to the next level. 

Your sense of ownership over that game and the studios is kind of weird. Even if you were part of the kick starter for Yooka-Laylee, the studios don't owe you anything and Microsoft acquisition would enable them to bring the best from their development team. 

Around the Network
CaptainExplosion said:
Dulfite said:

I love Banjo and I want more. I also want more Yooka Laylee. I also have Gamepass, playing however many games I want, for $10 a month. Why wouldn't I want Microsoft to buy Playtonic and fund them fully so they can make an even bigger budget Yooka Laylee or modern Banjo game?

Oh I know why. THIS!!

smroadkill15 said:
Playful Studios is another option, but there are a few other studios like Playtonic and Double fine I would trust with the IP more.

True. A lot of people liked Super Lucky's Tale.

yvanjean said:

Why would it be a bad thing for Microsoft to acquire them? 

You clearly don't remember last time it happened!!!!!

I KNOW THAT BANJO GOT INTO SMASH WITHOUT ANY TRACE OF THAT NUTS & BULLSHIT, BUT IT STILL LEFT ENOUGH OF A SCAR ON THE BRAND TO JUSTIFY WHY I HAVEN'T TRUSTED MICROSOFT WITH OWNERSHIP OF RARE IPS OR IPS LIKE THEM!!!!!

Stop with all caps, you are rude enough with having to use all caps!

Don't blame Microsoft for what was clearly Rare leadership problem. It's obvious that when Microsoft acquired the studios that some key personnel took the money and ran. That's why it's clear that the people at Playtonic have the passion and desire to make a game like Banjo-Kazooie. 

CaptainExplosion said:
Dulfite said:

I love Banjo and I want more. I also want more Yooka Laylee. I also have Gamepass, playing however many games I want, for $10 a month. Why wouldn't I want Microsoft to buy Playtonic and fund them fully so they can make an even bigger budget Yooka Laylee or modern Banjo game?

Oh I know why. THIS!!

smroadkill15 said:

True. A lot of people liked Super Lucky's Tale.

yvanjean said:

Why would it be a bad thing for Microsoft to acquire them? 

YOU CLEARLY DON'T REMEMBER FUCKING LAST TIME IT HAPPENED!!!!!

I KNOW THAT BANJO GOT INTO SMASH WITHOUT ANY TRACE OF THAT NUTS & BULLSHIT, BUT IT STILL LEFT ENOUGH OF A SCAR ON THE BRAND TO JUSTIFY WHY I HAVEN'T TRUSTED MICROSOFT WITH OWNERSHIP OF RARE IPS OR IPS LIKE THEM!!!!!

I said Playtonic make it, not RARE, so your argument is invalid.

Let's go wild here. Platinum Games and let them do whatever they want with it.

As long as it's not Rare, after Nuts and Bolts they should never be allowed within 100 meters of the IP again. (Plus in my opinion they have not made a good game since the N64)

Playtonic could do it I reckon; Yooka Laylee had its issues but the potential was there.

sales2099 said:
Guys Double Fine is releasing Psychonauts 2 next year. They are a 1st party studio with recent platformer experience. Rare and them should collaborate on the next entry

Wholeheartedly agree with this statement.