By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What is your favorite(s) Nintendo-exclusive franchises?

Favorite IPs?

Mario universe 12 18.75%

Pokemon 8 12.50%

Wii Series 0 0%

The Legend of Zelda 27 42.19%

Donkey Kong 1 1.56%

Super Smash Bros 4 6.25%

Animal Crossing 0 0%

Kirby 0 0%

Metroid 7 10.94%

Fire Emblem 5 7.81%

Total:64

The Legend of Zelda, since I have yet to play a bad Zelda game

FE and Pokemon would get a shoutout, though there were some not as good FE games, while Pokemon has grown a bit stale over the years

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Around the Network

The Mario. Still have a soft spot for the 2D Mario games.

mZuzek said:

Zelda is pretty good too. Probably the most consistently high quality one, other than Mario I guess. But I don't care about Mario.

Zelda being consistently good (though I find even the best of them to be around 8.5/10) is one of the main reasons why it's in my Top 10 favorite franchises. I've never been trully enamored by any of them, not single one of them is in my Top 10 GOAT, but sheer amount of enjoybale Zelda games puts the IP in my favorite ones.

shikamaru317 said:

I wish that Nintendo and Koei Tecmo would make a new Fatal Frame for Switch

Damn straight, you and me both. Fatal Frame 6 for the Switch would be freaking awesome.

3d zelda. Metroid prime is a close second. Smash and pikmin are nice bonuses but those 1st 2 I mentioned are the main reasons I still buy 10do consoles. Theres alot of games 10do has that I love but most crap out the more aequels they get. The 1st ls mansion was great. Dark moon and dark moon part 2 really were fun but not near as good. They leaned into theme based levels too hard for my taste. Mario is the only other one that consistently gets AAA size games and ive only enjoyed the newest 2 of them. Cant stand xenoblades combat. Wish it just played like dragon quest 11. Kid icarus and starfox are the 2 most underutilized ips. So much potential wasting away behind smaller or no projects. Wish eternal darkness and the last story would actually become franchises.

Around the Network

Lol the fact that a real game franchise like pikmin is not on this list but a series of fun distractions like the "wii series" is is the perfect embodiment of why ive been losing my love for nintendo.

Animal Crossing, anyone?

Take a guess :)

Mario would be number 1. Also love Zelda, Metroid, Donkey Kong, Punch-Out!!, Rhythm Heaven and Wario. Probably others Im forgetting as well.

btw Nintendo solely owns Donkey Kong.