By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What is your favorite(s) Nintendo-exclusive franchises?

Favorite IPs?

Mario universe 12 18.75%

Pokemon 8 12.50%

Wii Series 0 0%

The Legend of Zelda 27 42.19%

Donkey Kong 1 1.56%

Super Smash Bros 4 6.25%

Animal Crossing 0 0%

Kirby 0 0%

Metroid 7 10.94%

Fire Emblem 5 7.81%

Total:64

Metroid.

Zelda is pretty good too. Probably the most consistently high quality one, other than Mario I guess. But I don't care about Mario.

Pokémon was great, but just when it was threatening to become a top tier series, it turned to shit.

Around the Network

Based on their consistency, it would be these.

1. Super Mario

2. The Legend of Zelda

3. Kirby

4. Metroid

5. Style Savvy

6. Donkey Kong

7. Pikmin

8. Wario Land/Ware

Only a handful of exceptions to these (namely just Lost Levels and Other M) that I don't enjoy. The rest range from really good to excellent.

Pokemon is up there, is a game series that I'll play most games if I can, even if I don't care for gen 2, 4 and 6 much.

Fire Emblem would have taken number 5, but since Awakening, my interest and care for the series have gone downhill significantly.

Yoshi needs more great games, besides Island, Woolly World and Touch & Go.

Last edited by ARamdomGamer - on 19 October 2020

Zelda, easy. I just never get tired of experiencing what they do with this franchise.

Pikmin isn't in the poll, what's up with that?

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

Metroid for me, to this day I still fire up the SNES and do a run through that game once a year.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Around the Network

Zelda. Pikmin is 2nd .

Legend of Zelda is the best franchise in all of gaming.

Twitter: @d21lewis

If sub-series like Donkey Kong Country are allowed then probably that; the original SNES trilogy plus Retro's two games are all golden, with for my money the best controls/physics, level design, and (DKCR aside) music in their genre.

Last edited by curl-6 - on 19 October 2020

Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023.

curl-6 said:

If sub-series like Donkey Kong Country are allowed then probably that; the original SNES trilogy plus Retro's two games are all golden, with for my money the best controls/physics, level design, and (DKCR aside) music in the genre.

I feel like at this point the Donkey Kong sub-series are all the ones that aren't DKC.

A Link to the Past and Breath of the Wild are two of my favourite Nintendo games.