By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What is your favorite(s) Nintendo-exclusive franchises?

Favorite IPs?

Mario universe 12 18.75%

Pokemon 8 12.50%

Wii Series 0 0%

The Legend of Zelda 27 42.19%

Donkey Kong 1 1.56%

Super Smash Bros 4 6.25%

Animal Crossing 0 0%

Kirby 0 0%

Metroid 7 10.94%

Fire Emblem 5 7.81%

Total:64

The Legend of Zelda.

Mario isn't that far behind though.

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

Around the Network

Zelda, Mario Kart, Xenoblade, and Animal Crossing

I voted Zelda. I found Breath of the Wild elevated above the others this generation.

Stuff that USED to be on my list, but haven't really got into during the Switch generation:

Fire Emblem, Donkey Kong, Super Mario, Kirby, Earthbound/Mother (although it's really only the one game I love), Mario RPG/Super Paper Mario, and the Wii series (unless you count Ring Fit, which is kind of like a rebranded Wii series game). 

Last edited by Jumpin - on 19 October 2020

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Zelda.
But if Mario Kart was an option I would have hesitated more

Fire Emblem.

Voted for Zelda. Before Breath of the Wild and Sun & Moon happened, I would've chosen Pokémon.

Edit: now that I think about it, Mario might actually be my #1 franchise in number of great games. But I just can't see it as a single coherent franchise, it's more like a collection of vastly different games with the same characters.

Edit edit: since when does this site automatically split your words at the end of a line?

Last edited by Flilix - on 19 October 2020

Around the Network
Flilix said:
Voted for Zelda. Before Breath of the Wild and Sun & Moon happened, I would've chosen Pokémon.

I don't understand the hate for Sun & Moon, it was the first game in years trying to insert some new quest mechanics into gameplay 

I agree it was very poorly done compared to, for instance, Yokai Watch, but still less boring than playing exactly the same thing again we had on Sword and Shield or even XY on that matter (although I still liking XY because they finally fixed the competitive, which got broken again now...)

For me, Zelda is #1 and Super Mario is #2. Nintendo has been cranking out great games for these two series consistently for 30+ years.

IcaroRibeiro said:
Flilix said:

I don't understand the hate for Sun & Moon, it was the first game in years trying to insert some new quest mechanics into gameplay 

I agree it was very poorly done compared to, for instance, Yokai Watch, but still less boring than playing exactly the same thing again we had on Sword and Shield or even XY on that matter (although I still liking XY because they finally fixed the competitive, which got broken again now...)

I don't hate Sun & Moon, it just feels pretty weak compared to the Pokémon games that came out before. None of the new mechanics worked particularly well imo, and the region was by far the dullest of the whole franchise. Meanwhile X&Y had my favourite region, I loved the atmosphere of the game, and its new mechanics were actually fun and interesting. It probably also helped that it came out that it came out at the time when I was most into Pokémon.

BotW being the best game of all time also helped putting Zelda above Pokémon.

Flilix said:
IcaroRibeiro said:

I don't hate Sun & Moon, it just feels pretty weak compared to the Pokémon games that came out before. None of the new mechanics worked particularly well imo, and the region was by far the dullest of the whole franchise. Meanwhile X&Y had my favourite region, I loved the atmosphere of the game, and its new mechanics were actually fun and interesting. It probably also helped that it came out that it came out at the time when I was most into Pokémon.

BotW being the best game of all time also helped putting Zelda above Pokémon.

I see. I don't like any region after Unova. The maps nowadays are very poorly done, with little to no exploration. The routes and caves become too straightforward and not really rewarding to backtrack to discovery the map once you get your HMs, in this sense Alola is the least weak region that came out in the last 3 regions, with Galar being by far the worst

I voted Zelda, even though there are really only a handful of Zelda games I really love.  To me the NES/SNES Zeldas are great and so are BotW and Hyrule Warriors.  Everything else I've tried is kinda "meh".  But I still call Zelda my favorite franchise, because the games I love, I really, really love.

After Zelda comes Advance Wars at #2 and then Mario at #3.  Advance Wars has actually been their most consistent series for me.  Days of Ruin wasn't as good as the others, but even that is still a solid game.  The others are great.  I wish they would bring back Advance Wars.