By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What is your favorite(s) Nintendo-exclusive franchises?

Favorite IPs?

Mario universe 12 18.75%

Pokemon 8 12.50%

Wii Series 0 0%

The Legend of Zelda 27 42.19%

Donkey Kong 1 1.56%

Super Smash Bros 4 6.25%

Animal Crossing 0 0%

Kirby 0 0%

Metroid 7 10.94%

Fire Emblem 5 7.81%

Total:64

Before Sword and Shield I would have said Pokémon. But the franchise went to shit, so today I guess Xenoblade and Metroid take this.

Around the Network

2D Mario. It's what started it all and I still enjoy the heck out of it, even moreso now that it's up to 4 players.

Mario
Super Smash Bros.
Animal Crossing
The Legend of Zelda
Fire Emblem
Mother (EarthBound)

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 151 million (was 73, then 96, then 113 million, then 125 million, then 144 million)

PS5: 115 million (was 105 million) Xbox Series S/X: 57 million (was 60 million, then 67 million)

PS4: 120 mil (was 100 then 130 million, then 122 million) Xbox One: 51 mil (was 50 then 55 mil)

3DS: 75.5 mil (was 73, then 77 million)

"Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind." - Guru Laghima

The Legend of Zelda always has, and always will be my favorite Nintendo IP.

That said, Xenoblade Chronicles has certainly pushed its way to number 2 in my book.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

Mario and Super Smash Bros.

Around the Network

Tough choice

5. Mario Kart
4. The Legend of Zelda (2D/isometric titles only)
3. Tokio Mirage Sessions
2. Fire Emblem
1. Earthbound

Mario for sure. Every outing is fantastic and almost always different from the last one (only Galaxy and Galaxy 2 were the same kind of experience - but both were incredible with Galaxy 2 maybe being the best Mario ever).

Mario Kart (not listed for some reason - unless OP just meant to include it with "Mario universe") and Smash are always amazing but the experience is always extremely similar of course.

Metroid is great but there have been two 8 year and currently a 13 year break between installments (on consoles) in the series so it's a much less prolific series.

The only main contender to Mario for me is Zelda. Though I realize now that most Zelda games I haven't even finished (though hopefully that'll change with a good Zelda collection next year), while I've finished every single Mario game except SMB 2, and the two I never owned: NSMBWii & 3D World (as far as console Mario's go). And BotW is the first time I've been really excited about Zelda since Wind Waker. I'd say Zelda is the more exciting series right now because BotW really blew things up and we're all waiting on BotW2 to see how Nintendo ups the ante again, but overall Mario easily wins this for me.

1. pokemon 2. Mario kart 3. Smash 4. Animal Crossing 5. Chibi Robo

DON'T WIN ME CHIBI BUDDY DON'T WIN ME.

ANIMAL CROSSING NEW LEAF FRIEND CODE:- 5129 1175 1029. MESSAGE ME.
ANDY MURRAY:- GRAND SLAM WINNER!

In my opinion the N64 was not just the best console of the 5th gen but, to this day the best console ever created!

Based on their consistency, it would be these.

1. Super Mario

2. The Legend of Zelda

3. Kirby

4. Metroid

5. Style Savvy

6. Donkey Kong

7. Pikmin

8. Wario Land/Ware

Only a handful of exceptions to these (namely just Lost Levels and Other M) that I don't enjoy. The rest range from really good to excellent.

Pokemon is up there, is a game series that I'll play most games if I can, even if I don't care for gen 2, 4 and 6 much.

Fire Emblem would have taken number 5, but since Awakening, my interest and care for the series have gone downhill significantly.

Yoshi needs more great games, besides Island, Woolly World and Touch & Go.

Last edited by ARamdomGamer - on 19 October 2020

Zelda, easy. I just never get tired of experiencing what they do with this franchise.