By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - What does Nintendo need to do to reach 150M Switches sold?

IcaroRibeiro said:
Sells more in Europe, LATAM and Asia minus Japan

JP and USA alone won't make this condole sells 150 MI

Switch is a growing force in Europe and Latin America outside of Brazil.

Switch is close to become the bestselling Nintendo console ever in the RoW category - and that includes the DS, which is less than 4M ahead of the Switch there right now. The Wii meanwhile will certainly be surpassed this holiday season.

And in Europe, the Switch is selling better and better. Italy and Spain in particular seem to exit Sonyland to become part of Nintendo country.

Around the Network

With how well the Switch is selling at $300 I reckon just getting the base model to $200 would be almost as good as PS2/DS at $100.
Might even be viable to get the Lite to $100 eventually.

The fact that we can have this conversation is crazy to me, coming off of last generation.
I do think its possible, even if it has a very small chance.
It would need more revisions, current models would need price cuts, and the most important thing: a constant stream of first party content. I know the pandemic has made this year tough for Nintendo, but I cannot see them hitting great numbers in the next following years with a lineup similar to 2020s.
I do think more experiences like Ring Fit are crucial to draw in a different crowd. I would love a Mii Sports game compilation and think it would do very well. Not Wii levels of success, but still very well. also stuff like Tomodachi. Even though Labo didn't take off like they had hoped, I still think some experimental projects like these are essential.
And of course bring those third party games coming. Even if they are toned down or slightly older ports, this is the best support we've seen in generations.

Switch has become my favourite console ever. I hope we see its success continue to grow over the rest of its life.

1doesnotsimply

GTA, more sports games, sell the switch in more countries at an affordable price. Then they can move forward with making nintendo more of a store than a system. Then they'll eventually catch up with where Microsoft is now by around 2024.

Soren0079 said:
GTA, more sports games, sell the switch in more countries at an affordable price. Then they can move forward with making nintendo more of a store than a system. Then they'll eventually catch up with where Microsoft is now by around 2024.

Looking at sales, it seems they are already comfortably ahead of where "Microsoft is now".

Around the Network
curl-6 said:
Soren0079 said:

Looking at sales, it seems they are already comfortably ahead of where "Microsoft is now".

I think he means more along the lines of Microsoft as a whole and not just the Xbox division. 

In which case, it's going to take A LOT more than selling a shit-ton of video games and consoles to get to THAT level.

Codename S.T.E.A.M. 2.

I see my earlier "releasing some game might help" quote ruffled some feathers. All i meant was im getting a little sick of Wii u ports and lazy ass cash grabs like super mario 3d all stars. I want a new Mario, New Zelda, new Mario Kart, an actual new IP. Have nintendo made a good new IP for Switch yet? Xbone has had sunset overdrive, PS days gone,horizon, and ghost.

Nogamez said:
I see my earlier "releasing some game might help" quote ruffled some feathers. All i meant was im getting a little sick of Wii u ports and lazy ass cash grabs like super mario 3d all stars. I want a new Mario, New Zelda, new Mario Kart, an actual new IP. Have nintendo made a good new IP for Switch yet? Xbone has had sunset overdrive, PS days gone,horizon, and ghost.

Astral Chain. Best new IP this gen if you ask me.

Try out my free game on Steam

2024 OpenCritic Prediction Leagues:

Nintendo | PlayStation | Multiplat

Nogamez said:

Astral Chains, it's not hard to find games that aren't WiiU ports or cash grabs all you need to do is literally use your eyes hence why you got the reactions you got they're very much warranted tbh.

Last edited by Wyrdness - on 04 October 2020