By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - What does Nintendo need to do to reach 150M Switches sold?

Nogamez said:
I see my earlier "releasing some game might help" quote ruffled some feathers. All i meant was im getting a little sick of Wii u ports and lazy ass cash grabs like super mario 3d all stars. I want a new Mario, New Zelda, new Mario Kart, an actual new IP. Have nintendo made a good new IP for Switch yet? Xbone has had sunset overdrive, PS days gone,horizon, and ghost.

Arms and Astral Chain.

Around the Network

I thought Astral chains was third party exclusive, but yeah i forgot about Arms, but then i didnt like it anyway.

Nogamez said:
I thought Astral chains was third party exclusive, but yeah i forgot about Arms, but then i didnt like it anyway.

Nintendo owns the rights to it much like Sony does Bloodborne.

UnderwaterFunktown said:
Nogamez said:
I see my earlier "releasing some game might help" quote ruffled some feathers. All i meant was im getting a little sick of Wii u ports and lazy ass cash grabs like super mario 3d all stars. I want a new Mario, New Zelda, new Mario Kart, an actual new IP. Have nintendo made a good new IP for Switch yet? Xbone has had sunset overdrive, PS days gone,horizon, and ghost.

Astral Chain. Best new IP this gen if you ask me.

I never played it (as I don't own a switch yet), but it looks like an interesting game. I can't help, but notice how the extra dimension the Chimera came from looks an awful lot like the Vex world in Destiny tho.

...by not making a Switch 2 and continue to support the Switch with games.

Around the Network
FormerlyTeamSilent13 said:
UnderwaterFunktown said:

Astral Chain. Best new IP this gen if you ask me.

I never played it (as I don't own a switch yet), but it looks like an interesting game. I can't help, but notice how the extra dimension the Chimera came from looks an awful lot like the Vex world in Destiny tho.

Well I never played Destiny, so I can't say much to that. Its a fantastic game though so I'd definitely recommend it if you get a Switch.

Try out my free game on Steam

2024 OpenCritic Prediction Leagues:

Nintendo | PlayStation | Multiplat

Nogamez said:

-Nintendo own Astral Chains IP.

-Bold: you didn't like it doesn't mean it was bad.

By not naming the Switch 2 "2" and ad the sales to Switch 1

BraLoD said:
Just two things really:
1. Produce 150M copies of it.
2. Manage to sell all of them.

This man is a fucking genius.

Nothing special.  Nintendo is currently on track to sell 160-170m Switch units lifetime.  All they need to do to achieve this is 1) keep releasing games, 2) for hardware they need price cuts, revisions and bundles at the appropriate time, and 3) release the Switch successor when Switch sales get down to only several million a year.  In other words: nothing special.