By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Update: Disgaea 6: Defiance of Destiny will be a Switch exclusive in the West

That's unexpected

Update:

The game will launch for PS4 and Switch on January 28, 2021 in Japan.

Source

Last edited by Shikamo - on 17 September 2020

(=^・ω・^=) Kuroneko S2 - Ore no Imouto - SteamMyAnimeList and Twitter - PSN: Gustavo_Valim - Switch FC: 6390-8693-0129 (=^・ω・^=)
Around the Network

Most likely a timed exclusive. There's no way this skips PS4/PS5/PC. Nippon Ichi nearly went out of business for a while there. They can't afford to leave money on the table.

Cerebralbore101 said:
Most likely a timed exclusive. There's no way this skips PS4/PS5/PC. Nippon Ichi nearly went out of business for a while there. They can't afford to leave money on the table.

I agree and feel it is timed, ,however, Ninty may have financed the game to ensure its exclusivity.

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

How well do Disgaea games usually sell?

Signature goes here!

TruckOSaurus said:

Well, VGC has Disgaea 3 and 4 with over 500K on PS3 and Disgaea 5 with >300K on PS4 and Switch each (so more than 600K combined). Not a big series, but I liked 5, so I probably will get 6.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Around the Network

It's confirmed for PS4 in Japan, so switch exclusive in the west.

Mahorosan said:
It's confirmed for PS4 in Japan, so switch exclusive in the west.

I'll update the thread, so thanks for the information :)

(=^・ω・^=) Kuroneko S2 - Ore no Imouto - SteamMyAnimeList and Twitter - PSN: Gustavo_Valim - Switch FC: 6390-8693-0129 (=^・ω・^=)
TruckOSaurus said:

I think historically its a playstation title, and because of that most of its fanbase is on playstation.
However its a very japanese game.... so abig part of its sales are also from japan (where switch is doing pretty great).

Something like Disgaea 5 is probably under 1m total sales (both the PS4+Switch version combinded)

Its probably the cost of voice acting... The switch commerical OP linked they only have japanese voices.
A PS4/PS5 version they will probably want english voice acting in it.

Shortest period of timed exclusivity ever.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.