By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Update: Disgaea 6: Defiance of Destiny will be a Switch exclusive in the West

Bralod, Why don’t you buy it for Switch? Problem solved.

I am a Nintendo fanatic.

Around the Network
BraLoD said:
Mnementh said:

Calm down you all. Players on other platforms are already pretty accustomed to the feeling, that they miss out on a game or another for no apparent reason. This is seemingly a bit new to PS-gamers. And yeah, there are certainly moments of WTF. Sure. And I agree, games should meet the gamers, not the other way around, meaning the more platforms and regions a game reaches, the better.

But one thing also has to be clear: no gamer and no platform is *entitled* to get a certain game. EA could decide that they don't release FIFA anymore on Playstation. Would be pretty stupid, but hell they could do anything until they are broke. For instance once upon a time Final Fantasy was *the* game on Nintendos systems. And then came along the first 3D-entry - and misses the N64. Stuff like that happens. Being mad about it doesn't help.

For Disgaea: the game probably releases later on PC or on PS5. Only NIS will need time for the porting. Do I understand the decision to leave out the PS4 in the West? No. A digital only release at least probably wouldn't have been too bad. But alas, they decided this way. Be sad if you want, but being mad isn't helping you or bringing you the game.

I'm not calming any fuck down.

It's not a big series that is moving consoles due to loads of money, is a series from a company that nearly went backrupty that from support from people like me still exists today.

I was super happy when Disgaea 5 came out on the Switch as it would bring them more money and help keep them in a better shape to keep making games, and this is the way they repay fans like me: switch sales were good in the west, so fuck you and all your support this last 15 years, we would rather announce it as an exclusive there to bring a bit more status attention than let you play it.

There is no way I'm calming down over this shit.

Heck, this would've never happened if Nintendo was already a third party like it should.

BraLoD said:

I have just one thing to say: Fuck You Nippon Ichi.
You are privating me from my favorite series when you have both the game running on PS4 and an english translation.

This series only still exist because of support from me and some other people.

Fuck.

You.

I feel you, man.

But the Hong Kong and Singapore versions will probably have an English language option so it's not the end of the world.
If they don't have that option, you could buy a Switch.

BraLoD said:

Not anytime soon.

Game systems here are massive investments, there is no way I'm buying a Switch for $600-$800 because of a game that has is developed for PS4.

$800? Where do you live?

I have never played these games. What’s so special about them? I like srpgs. Is it like Fire Emblem?

I am a Nintendo fanatic.

Around the Network

This is a weird one.
I can't see Nintendo bothering to moneyhat such a minor and niche series, especially only in the West.
Bizarre.

Player2 said:
BraLoD said:

I'm not calming any fuck down.

It's not a big series that is moving consoles due to loads of money, is a series from a company that nearly went backrupty that from support from people like me still exists today.

I was super happy when Disgaea 5 came out on the Switch as it would bring them more money and help keep them in a better shape to keep making games, and this is the way they repay fans like me: switch sales were good in the west, so fuck you and all your support this last 15 years, we would rather announce it as an exclusive there to bring a bit more status attention than let you play it.

There is no way I'm calming down over this shit.

Heck, this would've never happened if Nintendo was already a third party like it should.

apparently, after some research, its becasue while in japan the late port ddn't sell THAT well, the switch port of disgaea 5 sold a LOT more then the original ps4 release.

so yeah its just nippon ichi prioritizing after seeing the numbers.

add into the fact that there is a distinct possibility that nintendo straight up PAYED for the localization. they might originally have not even planned for localization. Casue nintendo rarely monyhat's third parties, the third parties come to them, or everyone else ignored the third party then nintendo swoops in (like bayonetta). There is also the distinct possibility of them protesting sony's recent censorship policies.

Also, me as a switch owner that wants only a couple JRPGs to come over: first time?

Stellar_Fungk said:
I have never played these games. What’s so special about them? I like srpgs. Is it like Fire Emblem?

I think there is a Demo you can try on the Switch. I personally dont like the art style. 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

sundin13 said:
BraLoD said:

Not anytime soon.

Game systems here are massive investments, there is no way I'm buying a Switch for $600-$800 because of a game that has is developed for PS4.

$800? Where do you live?

You can buy officially for 3000 BRL ($550), but unfortunately it’s still pretty expensive for us in Brazil :/

Last edited by Shikamo - on 19 September 2020

(=^・ω・^=) Kuroneko S2 - Ore no Imouto - SteamMyAnimeList and Twitter - PSN: Gustavo_Valim - Switch FC: 6390-8693-0129 (=^・ω・^=)
RolStoppable said:
Stellar_Fungk said:

What's special is that they don't stick to the usual level caps, so characters go well beyond level 99. Disgaea 6 apparently upped it to tens of millions.

Naturally, you can't expect balance with numbers so high. There's not much strategy in these games, unless you happen to be at just the right level, but good luck with that. It's first and foremost a grindfest for people who like to see numbers go up to ridiculous amounts.

Fire Emblem is pretty much the exact opposite of Disgaea.

If you play through the game without grinding, it presents a good challenge.  It is easily a 40 hour game that has strategic properties akin to Fire Emblem.  Yes there is an endless mode where you can reach insane levels, but that is only one aspect of the game.  The balance is pretty good if you just play the story.

Source is my experience with Disgaea 3, 4, and 5.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261