Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Update: Disgaea 6: Defiance of Destiny will be a Switch exclusive in the West

That's unexpected

Update:

The game will launch for PS4 and Switch on January 28, 2021 in Japan.

Source

Last edited by Shikamo - on 17 September 2020

(=^・ω・^=) Kuroneko S2 - Ore no Imouto - SteamMyAnimeList and Twitter - PSN: Gustavo_Valim - Switch FC: 6390-8693-0129 (=^・ω・^=)
Around the Network

Most likely a timed exclusive. There's no way this skips PS4/PS5/PC. Nippon Ichi nearly went out of business for a while there. They can't afford to leave money on the table.

The sentence below is false. 
The sentence above is true. 

Cerebralbore101 said:
Most likely a timed exclusive. There's no way this skips PS4/PS5/PC. Nippon Ichi nearly went out of business for a while there. They can't afford to leave money on the table.

I agree and feel it is timed, ,however, Ninty may have financed the game to ensure its exclusivity.

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

How well do Disgaea games usually sell?

Signature goes here!

Love to hear the story of this. Disgaea has been on the playstation from the beginning. Including still having exclusives .
Nintendo fund it? Sony piss them off?
Also they are still adding Disgaea's to the PC - so how will this skip PC?

More importantly what about the Trophies/achievements/Goals/Checklists.

Still excited though, I'll be there next year.

• Deadliest mass shooting by an individual in US history (10/01/2017)
  • Deadliest high school shooting in US history (02/14/2018)
  • Deadliest massacre of Jews in US history (10/27/2018)
  • Political assassination attempt of TWO former presidents(and 10+ other people)  (10/23/2018 - and beyond)
Around the Network
TruckOSaurus said:

Well, VGC has Disgaea 3 and 4 with over 500K on PS3 and Disgaea 5 with >300K on PS4 and Switch each (so more than 600K combined). Not a big series, but I liked 5, so I probably will get 6.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019

Predictions: Switch / Switch vs. XB1 in the US / Three Houses first quarter

It's confirmed for PS4 in Japan, so switch exclusive in the west.

... A Disgaea game not coming to PlayStation (in the west)? What the actual fuck. That's not something I want to hear, unless it's only timed exclusive, in which case that's fine and I'll wait. I could pick it up on the Switch, but I guess we'll see what happens...

Mahorosan said:
It's confirmed for PS4 in Japan, so switch exclusive in the west.

I'll update the thread, so thanks for the information :)

(=^・ω・^=) Kuroneko S2 - Ore no Imouto - SteamMyAnimeList and Twitter - PSN: Gustavo_Valim - Switch FC: 6390-8693-0129 (=^・ω・^=)
TruckOSaurus said:

I think historically its a playstation title, and because of that most of its fanbase is on playstation.
However its a very japanese game.... so abig part of its sales are also from japan (where switch is doing pretty great).

Something like Disgaea 5 is probably under 1m total sales (both the PS4+Switch version combinded)