Forums - Gaming Discussion - Best third console?

I think the best is...

N64 39 52.00%

PS3 29 38.67%

Xbox One 7 9.33%

Total:75

Of each of the big three's third consoles, (N64, PS3, Xbox One) which do you think was the best, and why?

Last edited by curl-6 - on 12 September 2020

Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023.

Around the Network

PS3 no contest. If I wasn't saying that just for the Final Fantasy X HD Remaster (Which did make it to current gen consoles afterwards), then may I refer you to any list of IPs that were created on the PS3, lol

Playstation Tres

Gonna have to be the N64 for me

You could make an argument for all 3. I chose PS3 because of how much the jump was from PS2. With it being the first multimedia console to implement blu ray (like it's predecessor with DVDs), lots of big games from a technical aspect only needed one disc. You can also say that PS3 is the worst as well due to how it was initially received and the loss Sony encountered. It was also the only console I've seen in history that was the worst in it's generation at first, but cameback to get 2nd place. Also we have to give credit to some of the best 1st party PS games that was birthed. Speaking specifically about games like Uncharted and TLoU. That's why I chose PS3. I don't know if my answer was all over the place. I just wanted you all to get the gist of why I chose it.

PSN ID- Rafie27

XBL Gamertag- RAFIE82

NNID- RAFIE82/ Friend Code: SW-6006-2580-8237

YouTube- Rafie Crocheron

Around the Network

Oh this is a fantastic question haha, I hate all three. Xbox One for it's whole stupid original plan of online only, PS3 for its absurdly arrogant price point, and 64 for its horribly unsymmetrical and non ergonomic controller.

Well done, well done I say! Haha I hate these three so much that if they would have launched in the same gen (with proportional graphics), I probably would have quit gaming altogether.

Dulfite said:

Oh this is a fantastic question haha, I hate all three. Xbox One for it's whole stupid original plan of online only, PS3 for its absurdly arrogant price point, and 64 for its horribly unsymmetrical and non ergonomic controller.

Well done, well done I say! Haha I hate these three so much that if they would have launched in the same gen (with proportional graphics), I probably would have quit gaming altogether.

Had no problem with it, just took a second job.

I thought to myself, i can do more hours to want this.

Spoiler!
Joke about Sony's attitude.
Last edited by Immersiveunreality - on 13 September 2020

PS3 started out a bit weak but it managed to redeem itself with quality title after quality title. Nintendo 64 had some amazing content but still had its own shortcomings. Xbox One launched roughly and had sporadic moments of great games. A decent amount of those games went multiplatform but the introduction of Gamepass is going to have a strong impact on the xbox brand for a long time.

All three had a lot of problems. PS3 probably for the games. N64 for kicking off the modern era of games.

PS3, by a long shot. Started off with the weakest launch, ended up with the strongest PS lineup. I don't think we can ever get a generation like this again. The sheer amount quality games from both third, and first party was ridiculous.

The lineup was stupid.. GTA 4/5, RDR, Batman Arkham Ayslum and City, Uncharted 1-3, LTOU, Yakuza 3-5, Journey, MGS 4, God of War 3, SSFIV, Bioshock series, Mass effect 2, Persona 5, Demon's Souls/Dark Souls, The ICO & Shadow of the Colossus Collection and so much more.

Last edited by hinch - on 12 September 2020