By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Best third console?

I think the best is...

N64 40 52.63%

PS3 29 38.16%

Xbox One 7 9.21%

Total:76

From a business perspective they were all terrible, and the PS3 was the worst.  However, of the three I very much prefer the games on the PS3.  So the PS3 was good for me and terrible for Sony.

Around the Network

Sega Saturn and yes I consider it SEGA's true third console. If Saturn doesn't count then neither does N64. Saturn was by far better than N64 taking in account the Japanese library and I also own a Japanese Saturn. So so so many great games.

Last edited by Leynos - on 12 September 2020

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

n64 has to be the best coz of its robust high quality games,

ps3 had a bad start but made a comeback late game but it really hurt them in the beginning!

N64.

Playstation 3 definitely has more good games, by far. But N64 has all time classics. In terms of the kinds of games I still want to play over a decade after release, there are quite a few on N64, and not too many for PS3.

PS3, just for the games. As a console, it's not all that great, and Xbox One actually probably beats it, but games give PS3 the boost to win this for me. I'm not all that familiar with N64, but overall apart from a few classics, it doesn't sound like it deserves a win here.

Around the Network

This one is actually quite hard for me. I really like both N64 and PS3.

PS3 definitely has more good games, but I feel like N64's greatest are more classic.

Definitely not XB1.

So between PS3 and N64, really difficult.

I will go with PS3. Free online compared to 360, Full BC with PS2 and PS1. Had a lot of good games.

N64, Had a lot of good games. Spawned / popularized many great franchises.

The PS3 by far. Not a big fan of the other two. The N64 has some great games, but the controller ruins it. The XB1 has some great third party games I played on PS4.

PS3 hands down. Just has so many variety of games for me to play.

I enjoyed my N64 as well but I only got a few 1st party games out of it and THQ's wrestling games which were the best ones I've ever played.

Did I mention that I own five XBO consoles and I've purchased two as gifts?

Meanwhile, despite being a Nintendo fan my entire life and buying an N64 on launch day, by the end of 1997, my N64 was sold and I gamed exclusively on PS1 (got another N64 in 1999, though).

In my home, the PS3 was pretty much eclipsed by the 360 for the entire gen so...

XBO gets my vote.

All three were a big step down from their predecessor, though.