By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Is there any remaining game announcements for the Switch in 2020?

Will there be anymore 1st party releases in 2020 after Hyrule Warriors?

Yes 32 55.17%

No 26 44.83%

Total:58
Dulfite said:
Mnementh said:
Basically Immortals Fenyx Rising is already one announcement after Hyrule Warriors. But besides that, there may be another thing coming.

I do think that game will be far more popular on Switch than other platforms.

That actually might happen, as it did before with Starlink.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Around the Network
Jranation said:
You are asking the wrong people. If there was no leak about Hyrule Warriors then Nintendo have been very keeping things tight.

On the other hand, things like pikmin 3 deluxe leaked years ago, meaning nintendo likely sits on games, probably just ports, for quite some time. 

I'd love to see Metroid Prime Trilogy hit as that is a big fan awaited game and wouldn't take much work to just port it over and throw in HD graphics. MP Trilogy plus one more moderately big game would make it a solid holiday since we already have All-Stars, MK Live, Pikmin, and Hyrule Warriors, along with probably a bunch of 3rd party stuff.
Mario collection in Sept, Metroid Prime collection in December, Zelda collection in February on its 35th anniversary would be an amazing lineup of collections the next 6 months.

I do think there is at least one more game coming (maybe more), but it could just be a game we already know about that still needs a release date like Pokemon Snap or Bayonetta 3.  As far as a "big" game I think Animal Crossing and Mario 3D collection are already big enough games for the year, but I do think having several smaller games to accompany them is a good idea.  Hyrule Warriors and Mario Kart Live appeal to different people compared to the first two games.  Having another "smaller" game like these would be a good idea though.

I think it's slightly more likely than not. They've gone into holidays before with weak lineups, so it wouldn't be unprecedented for them to do so again here, but I have to imagine it wasn't planned to go a holiday with just a Warriors game and Pokemon DLC as their holiday lineup.

Around the Network

Style Savvy 5

Just add Metroid Prime Trilogy and we can all be happy. Two awesome 3-game collections and Pikmin port and a very cool looking Hyrule Warriors and Mario Kart Live for the kids plus lots of third party games would be plenty for a Covid year holiday. Especially if stuff like 3D World, Zelda Collection, and BotW2 comes out in the first few months of next year.

Dulfite said:
Mnementh said:
Basically Immortals Fenyx Rising is already one announcement after Hyrule Warriors. But besides that, there may be another thing coming.

I do think that game will be far more popular on Switch than other platforms.

Sadly it's no guarantee of success. This just feels like Starlink all over again however, yeah, Switch will scoop the majority of sales.

I highly doubt it. Bravely Default II might still make it in, but considering that more or less everything has probably been delayed to some extent I think we're already getting as much 1st party wise as you could expect.

Try out my free game on Steam

2024 OpenCritic Prediction Leagues:

Nintendo | PlayStation | Multiplat

Yes, it was 100% Mario Kart Live. I thought they could bring back to life Diddy Kong Racing, but Home Circuit is much more an innovative idea.