By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Is there any remaining game announcements for the Switch in 2020?

Will there be anymore 1st party releases in 2020 after Hyrule Warriors?

Yes 32 55.17%

No 26 44.83%

Total:58

Minor things and MH maybe, but idk imo that's pretty much it.

Around the Network

I think there'll be one more announcement - something big for December. They've surprised us lately keeping their cards close to their chest by releasing games without much notice at all. Going off this recent trend I think they will announce it early next month for release early December.

I also doubt Hyrule Warriors is the holiday game. I think there will be one more thing in december.

I'm expecting 1 more announcement for this year.

Basically Immortals Fenyx Rising is already one announcement after Hyrule Warriors. But besides that, there may be another thing coming.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Around the Network

They've announced a few games coming out in weeks or a couple months. Why are we expecting that to change at this point? We still have over 3.5 months left in the year. As far as I'm concerned, their could still be games announced and released in 2020 as late as early December based on the precedent they've set this year.

Mnementh said:
Basically Immortals Fenyx Rising is already one announcement after Hyrule Warriors. But besides that, there may be another thing coming.

I do think that game will be far more popular on Switch than other platforms.

Tons of announcements still have to be made for the rest of the year. These include:
-Pokemon Crown Tundra release date (likely coming any day now)
-Pokemon Snap release date (direct said coming soon)
-Animal Crossing Winter update

Other possible announcements:
-Breath of the Wild 2 release date (Probably E3 2021)
-New hardware
-Holiday game

Well with Pikmin 3 Deluxe and Hyrule warriors as there only confirmed Holiday games, I would guess we'll get Pokemon Snap in November, and Metroid Prime Trilogy port/remaster in December.  Get the vibe a lot of their bigger projects they are working on are taking longer then expected and are coming next year.

You are asking the wrong people. If there was no leak about Hyrule Warriors then Nintendo have been very keeping things tight.

Pocky Lover Boy!