By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Is there any remaining game announcements for the Switch in 2020?

Will there be anymore 1st party releases in 2020 after Hyrule Warriors?

Yes 32 55.17%

No 26 44.83%

Total:58
JSG87 said:
Dulfite said:

I do think that game will be far more popular on Switch than other platforms.

Sadly it's no guarantee of success. This just feels like Starlink all over again however, yeah, Switch will scoop the majority of sales.

I think Starlink would have done better had it not pushed the toy concept so much. That turned off a lot of people. I do own it, never beat it yet, but I can safely say that is the direction (gameplay wise, not toys) that I wish Starfox games would go.

Around the Network
Dulfite said:
JSG87 said:

Sadly it's no guarantee of success. This just feels like Starlink all over again however, yeah, Switch will scoop the majority of sales.

I think Starlink would have done better had it not pushed the toy concept so much. That turned off a lot of people. I do own it, never beat it yet, but I can safely say that is the direction (gameplay wise, not toys) that I wish Starfox games would go.

Yeah the toy thing was bizarre. But then also reviews said the gameplay was redundant. The game looked really cool, if they made the game less redundant so it got better reviews and took away the toys I think it would have sold a lot.

cycycychris said:
I think we have 1 more retail game left from Nintendo. I'm not sure what (maybe kirby?) But I think Nintenso has 1 more surprise for this holiday.

If so I hope it's a 3D Kirby game like Odyssey or Do Donkey Kong64. It's time!

Maybe something small and some DLC, but nothing big anymore.

I don't know about more releases from Nintendo (probably one, though), but I'm confident there will be at least one more announcement, like the thread title actually asks.

SW-5120-1900-6153

Around the Network

I don't know. I am expecting a Breath of the Wild 2 announcement. Still, I wonder if they're scheduling it for next year because marketing is infatuated with anniversaries that are a multiple of 5.

I'll leave it up to Nintendo; the Switch has been good for releases all year despite Coronavirus. I mean, they could release nothing until 2023, and I'd still have plenty available to play.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Well, Kirby Fighters 2 happened...