By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity announced, taking place100 years before Breath of the Wild (releases November 20th, 2020)

Tagged games:

I always wished the memories in botw were playable, but I guess they kinda are now. I don’t know how to do spoiler tags but it’s going to be sad watching some of the scenes

Around the Network

This was out of nowhere and I have to get it. Smart move throwing BotW stories into a Hyrule Warriors game, I may have skipped it otherwise but now I'm hooked already.

I'm more excited about this than I thought I would be.

Do anyone know how many copies of Hyrule Warriors were sold on Wii U and on Switch? Just to get an idea for this game.
It doesn't look like it could push HW sales during the holiday quarter IMO

I don't like Warriors games...but I'll be damned if I'm not getting this.

Around the Network

Well there it is. Their big holiday game.

I wasnt a big fan of Hyrule Warriors, but I am a big fan of BOTW, so I will probably get this. Just cool to play the events that led up to BOTW.

I skipped the original Hyrule Warriors because it just seemed like cute Fan service with little soul, this however is how you do a spin off. Although maybe also caused some delays to BOTW2.. Either way it now clear its a fall 2021 title at earliest.

A new Nintendo Warriors was to expect, but this one turned out pretty cool. Normally Warriors is a bit loose in focus on a story, but here they are already constrained through Breath of Wild. While this limits the number of heroes and enemy types you will encounter, it might be a new step for a Warrior game. I expect this to become a new best-selling Warriors. And so soon. I can't wait.

Also, pretty much everything Nintendo does got leaked before, but this one stayed secret.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Never liked Hyrule Warriors, it was a subpar game. But linking it (pun not intended) to BOTW's backstory gets me much more interested.

Mnementh said:
A new Nintendo Warriors was to expect, but this one turned out pretty cool. Normally Warriors is a bit loose in focus on a story, but here they are already constrained through Breath of Wild. While this limits the number of heroes and enemy types you will encounter, it might be a new step for a Warrior game. I expect this to become a new best-selling Warriors. And so soon. I can't wait.

Also, pretty much everything Nintendo does got leaked before, but this one stayed secret.

It did? What except for Super Mario 3D All-Stars got leaked?