By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox Series S design leaked, Confirmed at $300 this Holiday (Series X = $500)

Signalstar said:
I am not sure how to feel about leaks. I think the people who worked hard on the product deserve to present it to the world as they see fit. It sucks to steal the element of surprise from them.

That's the risk you run when you take too long to announce things though. The longer you sit on information the likelier it is to leak.

I'm not really sure who Brad Sams is, but he is gaining exposure and notoriety based on the work of others.

Yeah, found it a bit bloody rich when he tried to say at the end, "please remember to subscribe, I've been working hard to bring you this content...", and I just thought "what the hell did you do? Other than leak some info that wasn't yours to reveal."

Imagine having the gall to try some shit like that with a straight face.

Around the Network

So, it's true then.

The design is... bleh. Looks like a music speaker. Not impressed at all. At least it's small so it'll be much easier to fit on a shelf.

But that price is not something to scoff at. Not at all. Same price as the Switch. That's very impressive. Microsoft just gave themselves a huge advantage with that... Assuming Sony doesn't match the price. Ball's in their court now. I think the regular PS5 unit should be able to match the Series X without any issues. But the Series S price could be too steep for the disc-less PS5 unit. Unless Sony wants to start the generation by selling that SKU at a hefty loss (presumably) then, they'll be at notable price disadvantage.

curl-6 said:

Xbone: VCR

Series X: The Monolith from 2001 A Space Odyssey

Series S: Bluetooth Speaker

Kinda my thinking as well. I mean, the XBSX subwoofer meme was bad enough, but they actually made an XBSS speaker to go along with it?

I guess they felt compelled to complete the surround sound system with the XB1 receiver and Kinect center channel?

It all finally makes sense now...

Bristow9091 said:
... That thing is fuck ugly. Cheap though, so meh...

Price is right, but ya, it looks like the XB1S ugly cousin.

Around the Network

did MS just used sony's old trick of 299 lol

wtf is that?? It looks like a speaker. I can't fathom the thought process behind that design.

It would look a lot better if the black "speaker" bit was just white like the rest of the box.

My guess was 599€ in January. I was wrong....

Intel Core i7 8700K | 32 GB DDR 4 PC 3200 | ROG STRIX Z370-F Gaming | RTX 3090 FE| Crappy Monitor| HTC Vive Pro :3

shikamaru317 said:

Fans have already made the design better. How did MS not think of this?

So simple... So obvious... 

So much better.