By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox Series S design leaked, Confirmed at $300 this Holiday (Series X = $500)

Price is what I expected, design isn’t bad but that two tone color scheme isn’t working. The black circle, giving me speaker or turntable vibes lol.

Around the Network

I don’t have a 4K tv and probably won’t until there are more in a smaller size, if this wasn’t digital only I would probably get it

ice said:
Price is what I expected, design isn’t bad but that two tone color scheme isn’t working. The black circle, giving me speaker or turntable vibes lol.

Looks like the adaptive controller was my first thought. 

Think it's important to keep in mind the XSX and PS5 are more likely to be around $499.

the-pi-guy said:
Think it's important to keep in mind the XSX and PS5 are more likely to be around $499.

Imagine the shock if they're $599? Which is still within the realm of possibility. 

Around the Network

Anime: Haruhi                                                                                                           Nsfw Anime Thread                                     

Cerebralbore101 said:

Wait so it has the same CPU as the Series X, paired up with a weak GPU? This thing better come with  3-6 months of Gamepass Ultimate!

I wouldn't call it weak, it has just enough juice to do what MS intends it to do, play next-gen games at 1080p-1440p. Digital Foundry did a video earlier this year where they downclocked a Radeon RX 5500 XT to 4.3 tflop, about what Series S has, and compared it against the 9.2 tflop 5700 XT (which is a bit less than the TFLOP rating of the PS5). These were the results:

Hitman 2- Console Quality settings

GPU 1080p 1440p 4K
RX 5500 XT (4.3 TFLOP) 80.9 FPS Average 58.2 FPS 32.5 FPS
RX 5700 XT (9.2 TFLOP) 62.4 FPS

Wolfenstein: The New Colossus- Console quality settings

GPU 1080p 1440p 4K
RX 5500 XT (4.3 TFLOP) 149 FPS 98 FPS 48 FPS
RX 5700 XT (9.2 TFLOP) 92 FPS

Control- Console Quality Settings

GPU 1080p 1440p 4K
RX 5500 XT (4.3 TFLOP) 61 FPS 37 FPS 17 FPS
RX 5700 XT (9.2 TFLOP) 37 FPS

What do those results show? Well basically, that the 4 TFLOP Series S should be able to play the same games that the 10.3 tflop (or less depending on how the variable clock works) PS5 plays at native 4K, at somewhere between 1080p and 1440p depending on each game, with the game graphics settings from the PC version.

Last edited by shikamaru317 - on 07 September 2020

https://www.windowscentral.com/xbox-series-x-and-xbox-series-s-release-date-and-price-finally-revealed

Fap worthy prices!

Your move Sony!

Anime: Haruhi                                                                                                           Nsfw Anime Thread                                     

Seems the price for Series X also leaked, 499. Kind of surprised MS held off announcing the price for so long if it was always going to be 499. Guessing PS5 will likely be 499 as well for the disc version.