By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox Series S design leaked, Confirmed at $300 this Holiday (Series X = $500)

eva01beserk said:
MasonADC said:

For what its offered? You mean as an entry to next gen games and gamepass?

Entry to what? Gamepass is available on everything and about to even be on phones with xcloud. This offers nothing that we dont already have. Next gen games will also be everywhere for the first couple of years. Wich xcloud is also planing on covering. Not to mention most big publishers are getting into streaming. So this Canot be over $250, and thats with a few months of everything included. 

You cant compare streaming to an actual console, they are two different experiences and streaming is no where near as big as the traditional market. The Series s will be marketed as the entry way into next gen. You wont be able to get a cheaper next gen console experience anywhere else. Couple that with gamepass, this is great value which microsoft obviously recognizes. 

Around the Network
trunkswd said:

The leaks keep on coming

thats actually really small

the-pi-guy said:
eva01beserk said:

Overpriced. $250 with at least 3 months of ultimate. But I sugest more. 

It's one of the cheaper consoles.

Cerebralbore101 said:

Agreed on the price. $300 is too much for a diskless 4 TFLOP machine. It better at least run games at $1440p 60 FPS! The 3080 will drop in a couple weeks, and set the bar for graphics so high that this thing will be regarded as ultra low end in a year's time. Both Series X and PS5 will be regarded as mid tier a year from today.

It also comes with a fairly expensive SSD, CPU.  

I've always personally thought the XSS is a terrible idea, because cutting down the GPU so much doesn't save them enough money to put the console at a price that makes any sense.  You're getting 1/3rd the GPU of the XSX, and that isn't enough to save $200, which is pretty much the minimum price difference to make any kind of sense.

Wait so it has the same CPU as the Series X, paired up with a weak GPU? This thing better come with  3-6 months of Gamepass Ultimate!

eva01beserk said:
jason1637 said:

1080p next gen gaming with upwards of 120fps for $300. Thats a great entry price to next gen.

Its still a next gen console with rdna, rat tracing,  and an ssd. 300 is not overpriced. 

I was gonna say it's a shame this first got shown off from a leaked image instead of a reveal video but it seems video is leaking as well. At this point they should really officially reveal it this week even if they planned to later, preferably within the next couple days. This is what happens when you wait till September to reveal a console launching in November. Mainly I'm just glad to finally see it. For the system itself I certainly prefer that fan made white cube design that was going around. I don't know why both Sony and Microsoft are doing this ugly looking mix of white and black when all white or all black would look far better. At least the Series X isn't a mix. If it does turn out to be 299 then it could end up selling quite well to lower income brackets so launch sales are gonna be quite interesting to see.

Around the Network

Jokes aside, if the price is accurate, this is a good move by MS to give budget gamers a more accessible entry point to next gen gaming.

the-pi-guy said:
Cerebralbore101 said:

Wait so it has the same CPU as the Series X, paired up with a weak GPU? This thing better come with  3-6 months of Gamepass Ultimate!

Same CPU, less RAM, GPU on the scale of XOX + new features like ray tracing.

It's a very clear step up from Xbox One X.

Well yes, of course it's a step up from XB1X. Should be about 1.5 times the performance of XB1X, with some light Ray Tracing, and SSD to boot. Sorry, I was going to say that in my previous post, but wound up deleting it. I had a giant Wii VS XBSS comparison paragraph that I scrapped, once I realized the XBSS was a much larger step up from XB1X, than Wii was from GC.

P.S. I'm getting Wii vibes from the design. Not the graphics, but the tiny white box design for sure.

eva01beserk said:
jason1637 said:

1080p next gen gaming with upwards of 120fps for $300. Thats a great entry price to next gen.

So 199 without a controller for a console that will play a lot of current games in 4k and play next gen titles in 1080 with Ray tracing? 

Unrealistic and completely unreasonable. 

Price is what I expected, design isn’t bad but that two tone color scheme isn’t working. The black circle, giving me speaker or turntable vibes lol.

I don’t have a 4K tv and probably won’t until there are more in a smaller size, if this wasn’t digital only I would probably get it