By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox Series S design leaked, Confirmed at $300 this Holiday (Series X = $500)

Looks incredibl

y ugly

Around the Network

How Are people saying $300 is a good price? Thats crazy high for what it offers. People are expecting a $400 ps5 digital. If thats the case this console is ridiculous overpriced. The only way I see this as a good price is if the ps5 digital is $500 and the seiries x and regular ps5 are $600, wich I very much doubt that would be the case.

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

eva01beserk said:
How Are people saying $300 is a good price? Thats crazy high for what it offers. People are expecting a $400 ps5 digital. If thats the case this console is ridiculous overpriced. The only way I see this as a good price is if the ps5 digital is $500 and the seiries x and regular ps5 are $600, wich I very much doubt that would be the case.

For what its offered? You mean as an entry to next gen games and gamepass?

MasonADC said:
eva01beserk said:

For what its offered? You mean as an entry to next gen games and gamepass?

Entry to what? Gamepass is available on everything and about to even be on phones with xcloud. This offers nothing that we dont already have. Next gen games will also be everywhere for the first couple of years. Wich xcloud is also planing on covering. Not to mention most big publishers are getting into streaming. So this Canot be over $250, and thats with a few months of everything included. 

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

eva01beserk said:

1080p next gen gaming with upwards of 120fps for $300. Thats a great entry price to next gen.

Around the Network

Xbone: VCR

Series X: The Monolith from 2001 A Space Odyssey

Series S: Bluetooth Speaker

shikamaru317 said:
eva01beserk said:

I don't think that $300 is too high for a console that can play all next-gen games at 1080p. To put it into perspective, Nintendo is currently charging $300 for Switch, a console that plays current gen games at about 720p when docked, Series S is designed to play next-gen games at 1080p with graphics setting parity with Series X and PS5. 

It only becomes too high if digital PS5 actually is $400, and I've always been somewhat dubious that Sony is willing to take a loss to hit that price. The bill of materials on PS5 is reportedly in the high $400's range with Sony needing to sell at $500 to break even after the shipping costs and retailer cut. $450 digital seems far more likely than $400 currently, and that gives Series S a $150 price advantage. 

Thats the thing, the switch is also over priced, the the switch has a leg up wich is the vast nintendo catalog that can only be accesed by a nintendo console. Another huge thing, its a freeking portable. Not even close in comparison. 

I already mentoned in my other reply, but no. regardles of the full power consoles this will be obsolete as soon as xcloud come out. Because at least the series x will have higher reslolution and other visual effects that wont be possible on streaming. The series s will aim for a little above the xcloud offered on you phone. 

jason1637 said:
eva01beserk said:

1080p next gen gaming with upwards of 120fps for $300. Thats a great entry price to next gen.

Overpriced. $250 with at least 3 months of ultimate. But I sugest more. 

That's a great price if that's what it is.

eva01beserk said:

Agreed on the price. $300 is too much for a diskless 4 TFLOP machine. It better at least run games at $1440p 60 FPS! The 3080 will drop in a couple weeks, and set the bar for graphics so high that this thing will be regarded as ultra low end in a year's time. Both Series X and PS5 will be regarded as mid tier a year from today.