By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox Series S design leaked, Confirmed at $300 this Holiday (Series X = $500)

Around the Network

The black circle thing is weird but I like that the design is different and smaller. Also a nice technicality that MS revealed the price but not for Series X. Possibly gonna force Sony’s hand.

Now that’s its real people can finally appreciate it’s sales impact this holiday and going forward. 

Last edited by sales2099 - on 08 September 2020

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

That's a pretty impressive price ... that's a next-gen console for the same price as a PS4, lol.

sales2099 said:
eva01beserk said:
How Are people saying $300 is a good price? Thats crazy high for what it offers. People are expecting a $400 ps5 digital. If thats the case this console is ridiculous overpriced. The only way I see this as a good price is if the ps5 digital is $500 and the seiries x and regular ps5 are $600, wich I very much doubt that would be the case.

It’s a good price. Xcloud/Game Pass and lower res multiples.

Ultimately it plays the same games as PS for cheaper l if you don’t care for specs. 

I'll add that 1080p/60fps is still good enough for the masses who play FIFA and so on that price is hugely appealing for that group.

What MS should do is open up pre-orders to take advantage of the pricing and put added pressure on Sony.

Around the Network

It's useless.. for $299 just buy a Switch or put $100 more and buy a PS5 DE for a full next-gen experience...

They should have just made that circle a square and and have the whole thing white. Bizzare design choice.

JimmyFantasy said:
It's useless.. for $299 just buy a Switch or put $100 more and buy a PS5 DE for a full next-gen experience...

Lol, good luck playing 90% of AAA games on the Switch. 

Beyond that people on here really pay too much attention to digital foundary videos with 200k views. Lots of people do not know whether theyre looking at a 1080p, 1440p or native 4k image at a glance. 90% of media content is 1080p, it works, its a solid resolution, it meets peoples expectations.

And a big portion of gamers are literal children whos primary concern is access to the most popular games like COD, Assassins Creed, Fifa etc and not whether the grass in the distance shimmers slightly.

I dont like the design or the form factor. Series X looks nicer.

The pricing strategy is brilliant, kudos! But they need to follow up with great exclusives to further the incentive to purchase an Xbox, even at low prices the Xbox One in various SKU's has had a hard time shifting units. The brand itself has lost traction this gen, they need to regain it. In the end, a closer race benefits all of us as consumers. I think I'd take it one step further to cash in on their expertise and pedigree in online gaming and offer packages with included 3-6 or even 12-month subs to Live Gold. Longterm this would be a small price to pay for gaining more customers and keeping them on those subs and buying software through the generation. In addition, they need to show that they're serious about SP games as well, that's where the PS brand has its greatest advantage in terms of software today.