By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Surprise Nintendo Direct Mini: Partner Showcase dropped

Lol, I feel like Nintendo is trolling at this point. If they release a big direct in the next month, I swear that is all this summer's been.

Around the Network

HELL YEAH PUYO PUYO TETRIS 2

CaptainExplosion said:
Runa216 said:
I'm usually really generous with the partner directs becuase they're not SUPPOSED to be big, world-shattering events or first party bombshells or anything, but that was bad. Real bad. Though, now that I reflect on it, I think I was just soured because I saw Kingdom hearts (YES!)....then immediately saw it was a really shitty-looking rhythm game (Booooooooo). That disappointment carried me through the whole event.

I guess it wasn't terrible, maybe a 4/10, but for that terrible bait and switch, -9/10 for me. Seriously, why?

I don't even care about Kingdom Hearts, and that's how I felt. It was like Nintendo's biggest middle finger to gamers since Paper Mario: The Origami King.

That's on Square.  I guess you can blame Nintendo for putting it first in the video though.

NNID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
3DS - Currently Gaming Like It's 2011 - The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D - Master Quest
PC - Currently Gaming Like It's 2012 - Borderlands 2
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links

theRepublic said:
CaptainExplosion said:

I don't even care about Kingdom Hearts, and that's how I felt. It was like Nintendo's biggest middle finger to gamers since Paper Mario: The Origami King.

That's on Square.  I guess you can blame Nintendo for putting it first in the video though.

Yes, and I am. Even for non fans of Kingdom Hearts it's a huge disservice.

Jranation said:
Some people are so ungrateful here. You should be proud that people are still working to provide games for you despite the current situation. You should be happy that you are still alive.

LOL

YEAH LET ME GET RIGHT ON DYING FROM A VIRUS WITH A 99.8% SURVIVAL RATE.

LOL

fuck china.

User was warned for this post-JWeincom

Last edited by JWeinCom - on 28 August 2020

Around the Network
Lonely_Dolphin said:
Jranation said:
Some people are so ungrateful here. You should be proud that people are still working to provide games for you despite the current situation. You should be happy that you are still alive.

You talk as if they're a charity. We still have to pay for these games.

Yes we pay for the games. But do we pay the troubles they faced during the current situation? There is reason they are not showing any of the games from the big franchises. But apparently people still have no idea what is happening in the world.

People just have to be patient. Its better to be waiting for the game than having to be dead and not having the chance to play the game. 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Leynos said:
Jranation said:

I'm depressed because I'm alive tho. Be happier when I die.

<Image Removed>

Are you trying to be funny with that picture? Don't treat suicide as joke buddy. 

Last edited by Pemalite - on 26 August 2020

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Snesboy said:
Jranation said:

LOL

YEAH LET ME GET RIGHT ON DYING FROM A VIRUS WITH A 99.8% SURVIVAL RATE.

LOL

fuck china.

Its better to be waiting for the game than being dead and not having the chance to play the game. Everyone is suffering and that includes the game developers. Dont treat the amount of people dead from the virus and the workers helping everyone to be alive as a joke. 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Honestly, these have been underwhelming. I actually liked the first one when all is said and done. 3 announcements in that one I was excited about (though it was still underwhelming). This one just didn't have anything. I love Puyo Puyo Tetris though, I'm not sure there is enough of a difference for me to get a sequel on the same console.

I feel like they should have labelled these things just Partner Showase, drop the Direct brand for it. Or, instead of these little underwhelming ones spread out have one big third party showcase that might not feel so underwhelming as with a boatload of announcements means more boxes get ticked and it would appeal to more people.

At this point. I don't care if a new big first party direct isn't for a while, as long as I knew when to expect it. Like E3. We know when they are their E3 presentations like 6 weeks in advance. At least it is something concrete to look forward to.

1doesnotsimply

sounds like it would be a perfect fit for the japanese market

i mean the last music game i ever play was elite beat agents

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.