By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Surprise Nintendo Direct Mini: Partner Showcase dropped

Yeah, guess I'm getting the Saga collection.

Around the Network

Eh..Im only interested in the KH game. Still way better than the previous Third Party Direct though.

The fact that Square Enix is not bringing KH 1.5 + 2.5 (and maybe 2.8) to the Switch is really getting into my nerves. It would be so easy to port and would make very good money. But no, a lazy rhythm game it is. Jesus, the main saga is on motherfucking Xbox despite knowing that it would sell like crap.

I don't understand this people...

As for the Direct... Just to keep it KH themed: Darkness within Darknes awaits us...

Vodacixi said:
The fact that Square Enix is not bringing KH 1.5 + 2.5 (and maybe 2.8) to the Switch is really getting into my nerves. It would be so easy to port and would make very good money. But no, a lazy rhythm game it is. Jesus, the main saga is on motherfucking Xbox despite knowing that it would sell like crap.

As for the Direct... Just to keep it KH themed: Darkness within Darknes awaits us...

Im sure they will come sooner or later. Probably faster if the rhythm game does ok.

I guess I'm the only person who thinks the Big Rumble Boxing: Creed Champions looks interesting. I haven't played a Rocky boxing game since Gamecube/PS2, and this one looks like fun. Is it me, or did they make Clubber Lang taller? Compared to Rocky Balboa, Lang looks the same size as Ivan Drago for some reason, but Apollo Creed was proportioned correctly. Anyway, I'll check the game out when it releases. It definitely fits into the exaggerated version of boxing genre for a system that has Punch-Out!! and Super Punch-Out!! on it.
Captain Tsubasa: Rise of New Champions also looks very interesting to me as well. I had already put that on my Wishlist in the eShop after seeing it the upcoming releases section. It looks to me like a lot of fun in the vein of Mario Strikers Charged that my friends and I played the heck out of on the Wii. So, I'm definitely looking forward to getting in a couple of days.

Around the Network
KLXVER said:
Vodacixi said:

Im sure they will come sooner or later. Probably faster if the rhythm game does ok.

Yeah, because the fact that all the KH spin offs that released on Nintendo handhelds sold between 1.6 and 2 million copies (except Coded, but fuck Coded) is not enough guarantee that the remasters of the main series will be successful.

It doesn't make sense to use Melody of Memory, a game that is vastly different from any KH game to test the waters. Because one, it's very clear that KH does good on Nintendo and that there is interest on the brand and 2, a musical game won't tell nothing about if people want actual Kingdom Hearts games. 

And I repeat, Xbox got the whole series. Xbox. And there they are, on the Game Pass to see if they can get someone to play the poor games.

No matter how you put it, this situation doesn't make any sense. 

I'm usually really generous with the partner directs becuase they're not SUPPOSED to be big, world-shattering events or first party bombshells or anything, but that was bad. Real bad. Though, now that I reflect on it, I think I was just soured because I saw Kingdom hearts (YES!)....then immediately saw it was a really shitty-looking rhythm game (Booooooooo). That disappointment carried me through the whole event.

I guess it wasn't terrible, maybe a 4/10, but for that terrible bait and switch, -9/10 for me. Seriously, why?

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

He said they'd have showcaseS this year, as in more than 1 remaining that focus on third party games ranging from A ports to AAA games. So we can expect at least 2 more of these in addition to any other Indie directs or Nintendo Directs. Meaning, when it's all said and done, we will have had at least 6 showcases of games coming to the Switch in the last 6 months of the year by the end of December, or on average of one a month, and 2 of them (and at least 3 more) have and will continue to have major games, only one was focused on Indies. One a month people. We all need to calm down. They are communicating plenty with us and they probably want the big Nintendo one to be sandwiched between the first two Thirdy Party showcases and the last 2 or more before 2021.

For this one, I'm really interested in trying World of Tanks and that Boxing game (I love the Rocky universe, and I'm quite intrigued by it's story mode).

I'll probably get the Final Fantasy game at some point...but yeah that sucked! We need to get a boycott Nintendo until they announce 1st party games trending on Twitter.

Taiko hype