By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Surprise Nintendo Direct Mini: Partner Showcase dropped

Runa216 said:
I'm usually really generous with the partner directs becuase they're not SUPPOSED to be big, world-shattering events or first party bombshells or anything, but that was bad. Real bad. Though, now that I reflect on it, I think I was just soured because I saw Kingdom hearts (YES!)....then immediately saw it was a really shitty-looking rhythm game (Booooooooo). That disappointment carried me through the whole event.

I guess it wasn't terrible, maybe a 4/10, but for that terrible bait and switch, -9/10 for me. Seriously, why?

I don't even care about Kingdom Hearts, and that's how I felt. It was like Nintendo's biggest middle finger to gamers since Paper Mario: The Origami King.

Around the Network

These Partner Showcases are all about games that Nintendo wouldn't want to waste time on in a normal Direct, but third parties need to be thrown a bone. We know from the past that normal Directs don't exclude indie games, but there are specific Nindie Directs nonetheless. It's the same thing there, the lesser games go into the specific Direct instead of being in the general one.

That's why I have no expectations whatsoever when we get a specific Direct about third party games. This one had a few Square-Enix games in it, but all of them suck. I am glad that they won't get this amount of time in a normal Direct.

Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV (360+PS3) would outsell SSBB. I was wrong.

A Biased Review Reloaded / Open Your Eyes / Switch Shipments

I'll probably get the Final Fantasy game at some point...but yeah that sucked! We need to get a boycott Nintendo until they announce 1st party games trending on Twitter.

Taiko hype

Well this was shit. They better have something planned in September.

Around the Network

Kingdom hearts, nice

The Final Fantasy Legend Collection, Jump Force and Captain Tsubasa games are interesting for me.

I'm playing WoT on my PC, don't need a Switch for that. Otherwise, that would also have been interesting.

Bofferbrauer2 said:
The Final Fantasy Legend Collection, Jump Force and Captain Tsubasa games are interesting for me.

I'm playing WoT on my PC, don't need a Switch for that. Otherwise, that would also have been interesting.

I would've much preferred the return of BattleTanx.

Nothing yet again. Also no Bayo. No General. A bunch of nothing. These minis are shit.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

It was OK.