By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo quarterly sales update (Switch 61.44m, Animal Crossing 22.4m)

Animal Crossing, wow. This game is going to blow away even Tbone’s boldest predictions, whatever they may be. Zelda’s really pulling away from Mario now, quite impressive. They mention the WiiU version at 1.67M also. Mario Kart suddenly feels the heavy breathing from another game in it’s neck for the first time in generations.

Last edited by S.Peelman - on 06 August 2020

Around the Network
Otter said:
Any idea what those 3rd party titles might me be?

Minecraft and Mincraft Dungeons come to mind

S.Peelman said:
Animal Crossing, wow. This game is going to blow away even Tbone’s boldest predictions, whatever they may be. Zelda’s really pulling away from Mario now, quite impressive. Mario Kart suddenly feels the heavy breathing from another game in it’s neck for the first time in generations.

Isabelle currently cracking her knuckles

Switch keeping the 19 million forecast but up the production to 25 millions already... that would have reassured the investors but oh well.

Botw will def sell better than pokemon and Odyssey now, as it should. AC doing crazy numbers. I thought 20 and it was already huge..

Switch doing almost 6 million in a Q1 is mental. With no price cut, so they must make a lot of money. Also it could be under tracked on this site, even though we had huge numbers.. insane.

Marth said:
S.Peelman said:
Animal Crossing, wow. This game is going to blow away even Tbone’s boldest predictions, whatever they may be. Zelda’s really pulling away from Mario now, quite impressive. Mario Kart suddenly feels the heavy breathing from another game in it’s neck for the first time in generations.

Isabelle currently cracking her knuckles

MK should pick up a few mushrooms down the road I guess.

Around the Network

Very happy to see those Xenoblade numbers! It's outsold the original Wii version and has nearly outsold the Wii + New 3DS versions combined!

I wonder where sales for '2' are at. They have to be closing in on 2 million at this point.

Keep going, Monolith! You have a potential big time player on your hands!

xMetroid said:
Switch keeping the 19 million forecast but up the production to 25 millions already... that would have reassured the investors but oh well.

Botw will def sell better than pokemon and Odyssey now, as it should. AC doing crazy numbers. I thought 20 and it was already huge..

Switch doing almost 6 million in a Q1 is mental. With no price cut, so they must make a lot of money. Also it could be under tracked on this site, even though we had huge numbers.. insane.

Profit from Q1:
Sony: $1.15B
Nintendo: $1.37B

If you had told me 3 years ago that the biggest and fastest selling game on the Switch was going to be Animal Crossing... Over Mario Odyssey, Mario Kart, Smash Bros., Pokemon Gen 8, and Breath of the Wild, I would never have believed you.

This is game is truly a phenomenon. I haven't seen a killer app of this magnitude since Wii Sports!

Last edited by PAOerfulone - on 06 August 2020

No numbers for paper mario switch?

Just noticed that the explanatory material straight up gives statistical proof that AC has been the main system seller by far:

"The number of consumers who started playing on Nintendo Switch because of this game continued to increase during the first quarter, from April to June 2020. Of all systems in the Nintendo Switch family that were played for the first time during this period, over half were used to play Animal Crossing: New Horizons on the first day."

Major Switch Titles Launch Aligned

2021 predictions:

• Switch - 27m
  • PS5 - 15.5m
  • Xbox Series - 10m