By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nvidia Hiring For (Likely) Switch 2, DLSS 2.0 looks like a feature

If yall want some things to look into regarding DLSS 2.0. DLSS 3.0 is rumoured to be in the works which should fix the minor issues that's still present in DLSS 2.0.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2020-image-reconstruction-death-stranding-face-off

Anime: Haruhi                                                                                                           Nsfw Anime Thread                                     

Around the Network

Dropping Switch quickly perhaps? Five years is enough to be honest, perhaps Nintendo could sell it cheaper alongside a Switch 2.

Bofferbrauer2 said:
curl-6 said:
If R&D for the chipset is gearing up now, a 2023 release for Switch 2 seems likely.

Well, may as well just be a Switch+ or something else along the lines of a NEW 3DS

DLSS alone would be worth a "Switch 2" branding, let alone every other enhancement that Nintendo can't reject to put into a new device.

curl-6 said:
If R&D for the chipset is gearing up now, a 2023 release for Switch 2 seems likely.

That is my thought as well. A 2023 release for Switch 2. And I do truly hope Nintendo continues with a Switch 2, because I love my Switch and think the whole concept of a handheld/console combo is perfect for Nintendo.

A 2023 SoC from NVIDIA would probably be based on the TSMC's 3-nm EUV-GAAFET process, and that will offer some amazing possibilities for them. You could easily have a chip with close to power of the Xbox One X and be passively cooled in a handheld (!!!).

Feel like it would've resulted in more expensive consoles.

But it would've been nice to have Nvidia in the new consoles. They already have GPU Accelerated features like RTX Voice that would be great for Party chat in game and in the OS. DLSS (although AMD willl be making their own version but it won't be as good to start off with), their hopefully more optimised second attempt at hardware accellerated ray tracing, etc. Better streaming quality due to the nvenc encoder etc.

I know they've had a long partnership and having and AMD CPU and GPU probably makes things a bit easier only dealing with 1 company but it would've been cool.

PS4(PS5 Soon)and PC gaming

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

Around the Network
NextGen_Gamer said:
curl-6 said:

That is my thought as well. A 2023 release for Switch 2. And I do truly hope Nintendo continues with a Switch 2, because I love my Switch and think the whole concept of a handheld/console combo is perfect for Nintendo.

A 2023 SoC from NVIDIA would probably be based on the TSMC's 3-nm EUV-GAAFET process, and that will offer some amazing possibilities for them. You could easily have a chip with close to power of the Xbox One X and be passively cooled in a handheld (!!!).

Curb your enthusiasm. Price will be 299 because that worked well for the Switch. With that we get lucky if it can run nextgen PS5/XBSO games at 540P updlss-ed to 1080p (best case scenario).

numberwang said:
NextGen_Gamer said:

Curb your enthusiasm. Price will be 299 because that worked well for the Switch. With that we get lucky if it can run nextgen PS5/XBSO games at 540P updlss-ed to 1080p (best case scenario).

Pricing is not so simple otherwise they would have stuck with the Wii or DS price point of $150-250

It all depends on what they're trying achieve with Switch 2, which will inform its hardware, asking price and release date. 

I'm thinking it will release by Q1 2023 at the latest. R&D phase for a new console usually lasts like 3-4 years at the most, and Nvidia/Nintendo may have already been working on this for months or even a year before this job listing. 

A Q1 2023 Switch 2 at $300-350 should have something like 2.5-3 tflops GPU docked, less than that for handheld, with a much better CPU, more and faster memory, and faster storage. Enough power to play PS5/XSX games with slightly lower graphical settings at maybe 720p docked/540p handheld, DLSSed up to 1440p docked/1080p handheld.

Last edited by shikamaru317 - on 29 July 2020

NextGen_Gamer said:
curl-6 said:

Tsmc 3nm will be finfet, 2nm will be Gaaf. I expect Switch 2 to be on either samsung 8nm or tsmc 5nm.

You also need to be realistic, the handheld can only pull about 10W, Turing is about twice as energy efficient as Maxwell. Expect the performance to be around xbox one s, this when handheld is activated.

6x master league achiever in starcraft2

Beaten Sigrun on God of war mode

Beaten DOOM ultra-nightmare with NO endless ammo-rune, 2x super shotgun and no decoys on ps4 pro.

1-0 against Grubby in Wc3 frozen throne ladder!!

shikamaru317 said:

I'm thinking it will release by Q1 2023 at the latest. R&D phase for a new console usually lasts like 3-4 years at the most, and Nvidia/Nintendo may have already been working on this for months or even a year before this job listing. 

A Q1 2023 Switch 2 at $300-350 should have something like 2.5-3 tflops GPU docked, less than that for handheld, with a much better CPU, more and faster memory, and faster storage. Enough power to play PS5/XSX games with slightly lower graphical settings at maybe 720p docked/540p handheld, DLSSed up to 1440p docked/1080p handheld.

It doesn't really matter what TF Switch 2 has when it is docked, it will be memory bandwidth starved anyway. Nintendo will likely use Lpddr5 which will bring about 50GB/s bandwidth on 64-bit bus or around 100GB/s bandwidth on 128-bit bus. If Nintendo planning to rely on DLSS 2 I would guess they will go for 64-bit bus.

6x master league achiever in starcraft2

Beaten Sigrun on God of war mode

Beaten DOOM ultra-nightmare with NO endless ammo-rune, 2x super shotgun and no decoys on ps4 pro.

1-0 against Grubby in Wc3 frozen throne ladder!!