By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Steven Spielberg's best film?

I think the best is...

Schindler's List 11 22.92%

Saving Private Ryan 3 6.25%

Jaws 7 14.58%

Raiders of the Lost Ark 6 12.50%

Munich 2 4.17%

ET 1 2.08%

Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade 2 4.17%

Jurassic Park 10 20.83%

The Colour Purple 0 0%

Other 6 12.50%

Total:48

Of this list I like Raiders of the lost ark the most. Another really good movie is of course Schindler's List Problem is that I saw this movie after I've seen The Pianist, which actually copied some really intense scenes from Schlinder's List. So when I saw Schindler's List, therefore these scenes did not feel as intense as they could have been.

But my number one would be A.I., which is in my top 10 of favourite movies all time (maybe in my top 5 as well).

Last edited by coolharry - on 27 July 2020

Around the Network

Can't pick just one. Raiders of the Lost Ark and Schindler's List are about the top.

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 151 million (was 73, then 96, then 113 million, then 125 million, then 144 million)

PS5: 115 million (was 105 million) Xbox Series S/X: 57 million (was 60 million, then 67 million)

PS4: 120 mil (was 100 then 130 million, then 122 million) Xbox One: 51 mil (was 50 then 55 mil)

3DS: 75.5 mil (was 73, then 77 million)

"Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind." - Guru Laghima

melbye said:
Schindler's List and Indiana Jones and The Last Crusade for two very different reasons. It's actually hard to choose cause so many of his movies are so extremely good. I even love Hook

Pretty much the same for me. Shindler's List won in the end for me due to it's ending, with real holocaust survivors depositing flowers to Schindler's grave, which is very powerful and makes me cry every time I see it.

It’s hard to select only one as almost all of the movies he made until the mid 2000s have a significant importance in our modern culture.

But if I have to choose it’s best, Schindler’s List come on top.

I was a kid that loved Dinosaurs,had lots of dino figurines to play with and was 9 years old when i went to see this movie in cinema.
It was so awesome.(and scary)

Around the Network
kirby007 said:
back to the future

A Robert Zemeckis film, only financially backed by Spielberg with no directorial input from him.

Schindler's List takes it for me. From the direction to the performances to the cinematography, its just as masterpiece of cinema and one of the best films ever made in my opinion.

That said, Saving Private Ryan, Munich, Raiders, and Jaws are all absolutely amazing too, and I also thoroughly enjoyed many others from Jurassic Park to ET to Ready Player One.

Overall he's probably my all time favourite director, I can't think of any other who has so many films I loved.

Last edited by curl-6 - on 27 July 2020

Raiders is my favorite because it's the most fun but Jaws is arguably his best movie.

There's a fair few choices, but nothing beats Jaws. Doesn't matter how often I've seen it, or when I last watched it - if it's on TV, chances are I'll put it on.

Aside from popcorn classic that is Indiana, my favourites are Close Encounters of the Third Kind, The Colour Purple, Catch Me If You Can and The Terminal.