Forums - Movies Discussion - Steven Spielberg's best film?

I think the best is...

Schindler's List 11 22.92%

Saving Private Ryan 3 6.25%

Jaws 7 14.58%

Raiders of the Lost Ark 6 12.50%

Munich 2 4.17%

ET 1 2.08%

Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade 2 4.17%

Jurassic Park 10 20.83%

The Colour Purple 0 0.00%

Other 6 12.50%

Total:48

Raiders is my favorite because it's the most fun but Jaws is arguably his best movie.

Around the Network

There's a fair few choices, but nothing beats Jaws. Doesn't matter how often I've seen it, or when I last watched it - if it's on TV, chances are I'll put it on.

Aside from popcorn classic that is Indiana, my favourites are Close Encounters of the Third Kind, The Colour Purple, Catch Me If You Can and The Terminal.

Hold onto your butts. Jurassic Park

For me it is really close between E.T., Raiders of the Lost Ark, Jurassic Park, and Catch Me If You Can.  In the end I chose Jurassic Park.  I saw it (and loved it) the day it released in theatres, but I think I've gained a greater appreciation for it since the Jurassic World movies have come out.  Nothing beats the original.

Around the Network

Jurassic Park, forever

He has an excellent filmography, but Jaws still remains one of the top films that I will stop what I am doing and watch through to the end if I pass it while flipping through channels. Within in the past couple of years, I even went to see it at a local theater when they play old movies on Saturday and Sunday mornings.

5. Close Encounters of the Third Kind
A thoughtful, profound, slow-burning science-fiction tale with an incredible climax

4. Raiders of the Lost Ark
A rip-roaring homage to 40s-era serials with style, humor, romance, thrills, and chills to spare

3. Jaws
After Psycho, probably the best horror film ever made. A heady mixture of suspense, adventure, and terror, with one of the all-time great scenes in movie history (Robert Shaw's U.S.S. Indianapolis monologue)

2. E.T.
A beautiful, tear-jerking, thematically-rich fable

1. Schindler's List
A masterpiece that I'd rank as the best movie of the 90s. Extraordinary writing, acting, cinematography, editing, and production design.

Schindler's List by far, this is not only Spielberg's best, but one of the best pieces of cinema of all time.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

While I wouldn't say its his best, one of his most overlooked and underrated films in my opinion is Duel.

Most people have never heard of it; it's kinda like a proto-Jaws with a killer truck on the road instead of a shark. It's one of his earliest works and while low budget is a great example of how to do a lot with little.

Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023.