By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Steven Spielberg's best film?

I think the best is...

Schindler's List 11 22.92%

Saving Private Ryan 3 6.25%

Jaws 7 14.58%

Raiders of the Lost Ark 6 12.50%

Munich 2 4.17%

ET 1 2.08%

Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade 2 4.17%

Jurassic Park 10 20.83%

The Colour Purple 0 0%

Other 6 12.50%

Total:48

What do you think is his best movie to date, and why?

Around the Network

As usual, people forget about his best film. Empire of the Sun with Christian Bale. The ending kills me every time. Such strong character development. The journey. The war through the eyes of a child until he is no longer a child. The music and the acting. It's all brilliant.

Last edited by Leynos - on 26 July 2020

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Personally, my favorite Spielberg movie is catch me if you can. Love that movie!

With only ten poll options I had to make some tough calls, there are definitely awesome films from him that I wasn't able to include in the voting, best I could do was an "other" option haha

back to the future

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Around the Network

AI, that movie really grew on me over time.

1.- Jaws
2.- The rest

Not to do a disservice to his absolutely fantastic filmography, but I do find Jaws to be his best work to date - or at least the one I'd call my favorite. Its an absolutely genre defining film, done fantastically well with the practical effects of the time and it basically made me scared of the sea to this day. An absolute classic. 
To choose which would be my 2nd, 3rd or 4th favorite would be hard and unnecesary, he has so many good films. Needles to say, Kingdom of the Crystal Skull is not one of them.  

Its between Jaws and Jurassic Park for me. I honestly dont know which one to vote for.

shikamaru317 said:

My ranking for the ones I've seen:

1. Jurassic Park
2. Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade
3. Raiders of the Lost Ark
4. The Lost World: Jurassic Park
5. The Goonies
6. E.T.
6. Ready Player One
8. Lincoln
9. War Horse
10. Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull
11. Hook
12. Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom

I've also seen A.I. and Saving Private Ryan, but it was so long ago that I remember very little about them.

The Goonies was directed by Richard Donner.

Schindler's List and Indiana Jones and The Last Crusade for two very different reasons. It's actually hard to choose cause so many of his movies are so extremely good. I even love Hook