Forums - Gaming Discussion - Xbox and Sony's Next Gen Box Art

Tagged games:

Do you like the next gen Box art?

PS5 is better 19 33.33%

XSX is better 16 28.07%

Both are meh.. 22 38.60%

Total:57
padib said:
I like the Xbox one better, it is cleaner and more professional looking.

I guess you are the first one on the thread claiming the Xbox One box looks cleaner.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network

Gonna go with XBox. What do they look like from the sides?

I don't really like either of them... The boxes that @Shikamaru posted look amazing in comparison.

Azzanation said:

Just recently Xbox showcased their next gen box art using Far Cry 6.

Personal opinion here, both seem like lazy efforts from Xbox and Sony.

Comparison below.

Not enough logos on Series X/S/One box art.

Neither look outstanding, not that it really matters its just a cover lol

Last edited by hinch - on 13 July 2020

Ok, I got confused here, so excuse my ignorance here, please. From what I can tell, the disc included in this new 'Xbox' case will be able to run on the Series X, Lockhart and One without any issues of compatibility? Won't there be separate discs for each console from now on?

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

Around the Network
Metallox said:
Ok, I got confused here, so excuse my ignorance here, please. From what I can tell, the disc included in this new 'Xbox' case will be able to run on the Series X, Lockhart and One without any issues of compatibility? Won't there be separate discs for each console from now on?

1 single disc from now on for all supported platforms.

Metallox said:

Pretty much. You can currently insert a ps3 disc into a ps4 and it can detect that it's a ps3 disc and not play it. The concept is essentially the same. You insert your game into the Xbox One and your Xbox One will run it. You insert the disc into the Series X and the Series X will run it. The game data will either be in the disc itself or it you will need to download additional data like 4k texture packs and etc for the Series X.

I could be wrong but the One S, One X, (maybe) Series S and Series X all should have UHD bluray drives so... Shouldn't have any issues.

Anime: Haruhi                                                                                                           Nsfw Anime Thread                                     

Metallox said:

Yep. You insert the disc into Xbox One, Xbox One X, Series S (if there is a disc-drive Series S model, some rumors it may be digital only), or Series X, and your system installs the relevant files for the version of your console. You put this disc in XB1, it just installs the game. You put it into Series X, it installs the XB1 version then a patch that contains the upgraded graphical assets for the Series X version.

Xbox's is more cohesive and modern. They need to remove everything apart from the console compatibility. You don't need resolution and HDR labels on a game case

Honestly PS5's looks tacky to me, there are just too many colours contrasting there. The case should definitely be white if they're going to have that white band.

At this point I havent bought a game case for 2 years will probably never buy one again

Both are worse than their previous gen. But I prefer the Series X one slightly. If only they got rid of the giant optimized sticker and put it in the top bar with everything else. Still on the fence if I should go all digital next gen, and these cases aren’t helping me convince myself to stick to physical lol