By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Xbox and Sony's Next Gen Box Art

Tagged games:

Do you like the next gen Box art?

PS5 is better 19 33.33%

XSX is better 16 28.07%

Both are meh.. 22 38.60%

Total:57

The Xbox series X is going to confuse a lot of people.
MIcrosoft was lazy to change anything and will cause confusion. Sony changed something but it looks ugly.
Seems like the Switch will have the best box coming in the next few years.

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Around the Network
Rafie said:
I don't get some of you who says the Xbox case looks way better. It looks almost exactly the same as the Xbox One case. If PS5 had the exact case as the PS4, we would see some heavy critiques here to put it mildly.

I'm not trying to rag on the Xbox case, but it certainly doesn't look WAY better at all. I know tho....opinions and preferences.

I chose meh for both. But the white banner for the PS5 is just sooooo bad. Like very bad. Sony should have kept a different shade of blue if they are sticking with the sane blue case. In Xbox situation theres nothing ugly about it in terms of the use of colour. They effectively used both black and green nicely. Its just the confusion to the consumers is the bad thing about it. 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

shikamaru317 said:
Leynos said:
Why did Xbox keep the 360 logo all these years? If they are then I wish the box would look like PS4's but green to be similar to the 360. 360 pre redesign had the best boxes ever IMO.

They didn't. This is the 360 logo:

At the beginning of the gen they changed it to this, which has a whiter circle and slightly altered green "X":

Then recently they ditched green altogether (except on these cases for some reason), and changed to black and white:

That is the start-up screen for Xbox Series in that gif.

That's like saying Apple Ditched the Apple logo or PlayStation ditched the PS logo when they didn't. Just recolored them. It's still the same logo. 360 is 360 degrees which goes around a sphere. 360. So yes they kep the 360 logo as the X is going around a sphere 360 degrees.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Dont like the blue on the ps5 box art. It should be black and the xbox box art just look like the xb1 box art to me. Both are meh.

padib said:
I like the Xbox one better, it is cleaner and more professional looking.

I guess you are the first one on the thread claiming the Xbox One box looks cleaner.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network

Gonna go with XBox. What do they look like from the sides?

I don't really like either of them... The boxes that @Shikamaru posted look amazing in comparison.

Azzanation said:

Just recently Xbox showcased their next gen box art using Far Cry 6.

Personal opinion here, both seem like lazy efforts from Xbox and Sony.

Comparison below.

Not enough logos on Series X/S/One box art.

Neither look outstanding, not that it really matters its just a cover lol

Last edited by hinch - on 13 July 2020

Ok, I got confused here, so excuse my ignorance here, please. From what I can tell, the disc included in this new 'Xbox' case will be able to run on the Series X, Lockhart and One without any issues of compatibility? Won't there be separate discs for each console from now on?

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

Metallox said:
Ok, I got confused here, so excuse my ignorance here, please. From what I can tell, the disc included in this new 'Xbox' case will be able to run on the Series X, Lockhart and One without any issues of compatibility? Won't there be separate discs for each console from now on?

Pretty much. You can currently insert a ps3 disc into a ps4 and it can detect that it's a ps3 disc and not play it. The concept is essentially the same. You insert your game into the Xbox One and your Xbox One will run it. You insert the disc into the Series X and the Series X will run it. The game data will either be in the disc itself or it you will need to download additional data like 4k texture packs and etc for the Series X.

I could be wrong but the One S, One X, (maybe) Series S and Series X all should have UHD bluray drives so... Shouldn't have any issues.

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850