By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Sony: The Last of Us Part II Sells More Than 4 Million Copies, Fastest Selling PS4 Exclusive

Tagged games:

This is not really surprising.

Around the Network

Not at all surprising, really.

The original sold over 20 Million units as a new IP and had consistent legs over multiple generations because it was one of the most well received games by both critics and consumers over the last decade. Word of mouth has been overwhelmingly positive for 7 solid years and there's been nothing really like it since.

Huge.

5 Million+ first week is still on the table!

close to 10 million for the first month ?

We all know it would sell a massive amount.. it will be more interesting to see week 2 and 3

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

Around the Network
Naum said:
We all know it would sell a massive amount.. it will be more interesting to see week 2 and 3

For sure. The original was hardly divisive. Part 2 very much is. I wonder how many poeple are in my camp: I looked forward to it. Than the whole negativity around the leaks concerned me. So I decided to watch a playthrough on YouTube to see if I like it. I already watched 15-20 hours (hard to tell) and I don't like it at all. So now I won't buy it. Never thought I would skip this game. What a bummer.

JuliusHackebeil said:
Naum said:

For sure. The original was hardly divisive. Part 2 very much is. I wonder how many poeple are in my camp: I looked forward to it. Than the whole negativity around the leaks concerned me. So I decided to watch a playthrough on YouTube to see if I like it. I already watched 15-20 hours (hard to tell) and I don't like it at all. So now I won't buy it. Never thought I would skip this game. What a bummer.

So you watched 15-20hrs o a gam you do not like? That's deep.

Naum said:

At this point, it doesn't really matter. The game has already made over $240M guaranteed. And couldn't have cost sony more than $100M to make. Before price cuts start to come in its likely to sell at least another 2M. And I am almost certain it gets bundled with the PS5 sometime in 2021 like the original was bundled with the PS4. 

Intrinsic said:
JuliusHackebeil said:

I'm not actually watching the whole thing, but clicking through to get to the major story beats. I care enough to see what happens to the charakters and how things shake out. But I would never pay mony for this.

Same reason I watched season 2, 3 and will watch season 4 of Attack on Titan. I want to see what happens enough to keep going, but I don't really enjoy it and I would never buy the blurays for it.

I guess that is a bit weird.

JuliusHackebeil said:
Intrinsic said:

I'm not actually watching the whole thing, but clicking through to get to the major story beats. I care enough to see what happens to the charakters and how things shake out. But I would never pay mony for this.

Same reason I watched season 2, 3 and will watch season 4 of Attack on Titan. I want to see what happens enough to keep going, but I don't really enjoy it and I would never buy the blurays for it.

So you care about the characters, at least enough to see what happens. The gameplay is great, as far as it being a thru person stealth action game.

But you will not pay money fr it because it rubs you the wrong way in a way that has nothing to do with the gameplay or presentation bt duet the kinda themes or the authentic, grotesque and even glamorized depiction of violence it embodies?

Hehe, I hope you know the reasons you hate that game, are the reasons it would end up going down in history as one of the best games ever made and ultimately become a cult classic. It means ND succeeded. 

Now if they really want to push that cult classic angle, they should never make a Part 3. Just make remasters/remakes of part 1 and two and call it a day.

JuliusHackebeil said:
Intrinsic said:

Are you one of those masochists on VGC? People that say they bought a console and hate all the games on it, or that burn 20h of their life on something they are hating but think 60USD is just to much money? Well watching 4 seasons of an Anime that you are not liking is even more strange.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."