By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Best looking Nintendo console (Design)

I choose...

NES 6 6.12%

Super NES 8 8.16%

Nintendo 64 5 5.10%

Gamecube 24 24.49%

Wii 23 23.47%

Wii U 2 2.04%

Switch 30 30.61%

Total:98

Which of Nintendo's consoles do you think has the most aesthetically appealing design, and why?

Also, if it's a system that had multiple models, please specify which model is your pick. :)

Last edited by curl-6 - on 22 June 2020

Around the Network

For me it's the SNES (European/Japanese design), probably because of nostalgia. I still remember the moment and the place when I first saw it in a store and it felt so futuristic compared to the boxy NES. It will always have a place in my heart. (That's also why I got a Super Famicom design 3DS although I already had one.)

Need something off Play-Asia? http://www.play-asia.com/

None look particularly interesting to me, but console design is not important, or at least the one aspect I pay the least attention to, so im gonna say Switch just because its small and compact and thats just convenient. SNES comes second due to nostalgia alone.

I voted for the gamecube, but the wii is a close second.
I love the fact that both can fit in a small backpack thus were easily to take along to school and fit on the computers there or bring em along to friends

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Black Wii but a close second is the Super Famicom

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Around the Network

I really like all the designs minus the Wii U, but Switch is just perfection.

My Platinum Gamecube. Nothing looks better.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

While I don't care much about video game hardware appearance, I gotta vote for the Wii. Despite the motion control gimmick and low specs, the Wii has a clean, angular design. It doesn't look too different from a cable box or DVD player.
I'm very nostalgic for the GameCube design, even if it looks like a lunchbox. It's nice and compact.
Gotta say the NES and SNES are the weak links. Their Japanese designs were better, as were their late-life replacement designs.

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 151 million (was 73, then 96, then 113 million, then 125 million, then 144 million)

PS5: 115 million (was 105 million) Xbox Series S/X: 57 million (was 60 million, then 67 million)

PS4: 120 mil (was 100 then 130 million, then 122 million) Xbox One: 51 mil (was 50 then 55 mil)

3DS: 75.5 mil (was 73, then 77 million)

"Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind." - Guru Laghima

Wii, Switch/GC, the others, WiiU (that controller/screen thing is the worst piece of gaming hardware ever made by one of the big guys.)

The NES and EU/JP SNES are super iconic Nintendo design imo, but i love the model 1 NES more.. despite the having graphical glitches, there's a front loader door which feels like i'm inserting/ejecting a video cassette tape on the VCR player. Funny how i knew 8-bit Nintendo's console was famously Famicom in 1994 first, then discovered the western version through the internet back in 2000 by messing around in Yahoo! search.

-EDIT: Didn't pay attention to Switch, is it about just a dock? XD

Last edited by QUAKECore89 - on 24 June 2020