By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Best looking Nintendo console (Design)

I choose...

NES 6 6.12%

Super NES 8 8.16%

Nintendo 64 5 5.10%

Gamecube 24 24.49%

Wii 23 23.47%

Wii U 2 2.04%

Switch 30 30.61%

Total:98
curl-6 said:

There are so many I like; the N64 for looking so futuristic for its time, the Gamecube and SNES Jr for being so cute, the Switch and Wii for their slick minimalism.

All time favourite though has to be the PAL SNES/Super Famicom. It's such a perfect blend of sleek yet robust, serious yet fun.

They were also built like a brick shit house and practically indestructible!

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Around the Network
Pemalite said:
curl-6 said:

There are so many I like; the N64 for looking so futuristic for its time, the Gamecube and SNES Jr for being so cute, the Switch and Wii for their slick minimalism.

All time favourite though has to be the PAL SNES/Super Famicom. It's such a perfect blend of sleek yet robust, serious yet fun.

They were also built like a brick shit house and practically indestructible!

Yep; my original Super NES that I got for Christmas of 1994 still works just fine over a quarter of a century later, despite how rough me and my brother were with it as kids haha

The Wii. So simple yet sleek, aged really well.

Going with the GCN. Probably the most fun and purely “video game” looking console design ever. Honestly surprised it didn’t attribute to it being more successful.

Bofferbrauer2 said:

The European/Japanese Super Nintendo/Super Famicom is next in line. The US version however looks atrocious in my opinion.

I hear this sometimes but i prefer  the American version. I actually saw a euro version back in the day and I tough it was ugly had faded colors and looked like a receipt printer. I'm not so critical of it now but still think the us version looks better

Around the Network
NightlyPoe said:

Personally, I'm a big fan of the North American SNES. I think I'm in the minority on this one, but I love its simple design and light-purple color scheme. It is close to just being a box, but the few extra elements they add with the small, slight concave top and the use of the light purple on the power and reset buttons, even the design of the controller ports add just enough flare to make the design both interesting and something that can comfortably fit in an entertainment center or my floor.

I agree with you.  I really like the little raised platform for the cartridge.  I think the other version is just kind of ugly with the large flat gray top.  I also like the purple buttons more than the multicolored version.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

Always loved the Gamecube for its design. It doesn't end with the console itself, it's also about the name, the software design, the overall product and name.
The Switch has a great modern design so it would get my vote as well.
The Wii U console actually does look neat. I'm a bit shocked it's performing so bad in this poll.

Gamecube is my favourite, followed by the black wii.

Switch is kind of ugly. I Like the colours but the grey, huge bezel & dock are just meh.

Last edited by Otter - on 24 June 2020

The semi-transparent N64s were pretty neat looking. There was something futuristic about being able to kind of see the 'guts' of the console.

I think the original wii. It's fantastic build quality completely solid very unique console

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...