By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Super Mario or Ratchet & Clank

Super mario or Ratchet & Clank

Super Mario 74 70.48%

Ratchet & Clank 29 27.62%

Other 2 1.90%

Total:105

With the announcement of Rift Apart, I've been thinking about this a lot recently... is Ratchet & Clank even a platformer? I played a few hours of the Remake and while it had some light platforming elements most of it was 3rd person action. I feel like it just gets lumped in with platformers because it is an anthropomorphic mascot game. Or did the other titles have a lot more platforming?

Around the Network

I love Ratchet & Clank, but Super Mario is Super Mario.

Ratchet games are incredible, and the new one is the game I'm most looking forward to of the announced ps5 games. Mario is gaming past and present. While Mario has some misses like the last two New Super Mario games, Mario wins by a landslide for me not just to Ratchet but to all game series except maybe Zelda.

AngryLittleAlchemist said:
With the announcement of Rift Apart, I've been thinking about this a lot recently... is Ratchet & Clank even a platformer? I played a few hours of the Remake and while it had some light platforming elements most of it was 3rd person action. I feel like it just gets lumped in with platformers because it is an anthropomorphic mascot game. Or did the other titles have a lot more platforming?

Goooooood. You are correct.

Ratchet and Clank is NOT a platformer. If you think Ratchet and Clank is a Platformer then you also think Mega Megan Legends and Devil May Cry. What separates platformers from games with jumping is that platforming is a hazrd and not just a  means to get somewhere.

To answer the question though, Mario without even having to think about it.  

Neither, I haven't played ratchet and clank and jumping around as Mario isn't fun to me since im not the biggest fan of platformers.

Around the Network

Both are great. I've spent a lot more time playing Mario games, and I've been with that series (broadly speaking) since I was a kid. But, the R&C game for PS4 was my favorite platformer of the generation. I voted R&C just cuz.

Chazore said:

The one with the Lombrax, for obvious reasons.

I must say that this new Lombrax is rather cute.

Only Mario managed to make me orgasm 3 times with 64, Galaxy and Odyssey so the choice is clear

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Hiku said:
I've never played a Ratchet & Clank game.

So I'll say Mario.
Though I lost interest in the series after Mario 64, until Odyssey. I want to play that one.

Play the rumored galaxy remakes if they ever ever come out for switch,those are some great marios.

My childhood was Ratchet and Clank (among others) so I'm going with that.