By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Tired of having nothing to look forward to on Switch

curl-6 said:

And again, it's shitty of Nintendo to be starving their fans of new games and info when other companies have proven the pandemic does not prevent this.

Look, if you're just going to fanatically defend their bad behavior, I'm not interested and we can end this discussion here. If past experience is anything to go by, you'll just keep endlessly replying, so let's just save ourselves the trouble. Go ahead and reply if it makes you feel better, but I won't be reading it.

Western companies have been better prepared for WFH situations. It's Japanese companies who are struggling, which includes Nintendo, and many others. The few who were able to reveal new games, only managed to do so thanks to the help from Sony and Microsoft for their new console showcases. 

Look, I can understand being frustrated at the lack of news, and that's fine, but you have to keep in mind reality as well. Nintendo is simply a victim of forces beyond their control in this case, as are so many other companies in Japan. 

Around the Network
BraLoD said:
Xxain said:

PS5 will play PS4 games. He is better off waiting.

But this is really just reactionary though. Switch has a lot of games and I find it difficult to believe you are starved. Many games you can be playing to hold you over. You literally sayin "Maaaaan I want cool show too!!!"

Btw that bet in your sig is like insta won. Like really?

That's why I asked if he have a PS4.

For the record, I don't. With both PS5 and XSX promising backwards compatibility I'd rather just wait as I'm not really interested in PS4/Xbone.

curl-6 said:

Seriously, where is Bayonetta 3? Metroid Prime 4? BOTW2? Any major dates at all beyond next month? 

I'm just so, so fucking tired of Nintendo giving us nothing, of holding back for no good reason, constantly starving us of information and hype, of the games I want seeming like they'll never come out. I hate it.

The lack of communication and transparency regarding future games is just agonizing and I don't know if I can stand it much longer.

(Sorry, having a moment here)

Is it that the European Switch market just has WAY more announcements and releases?

I literally see dozens of games announced every single week. On top of that, sometimes in excess of 100 new sales per week.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

As a big playstation fan ,my switch is the first nintendo ever.
It feels the switch is getting a lot more games in its first 3 years then any other console.

Also,xenoblade is godtier.

My youtube gaming page.

http://www.youtube.com/user/klaudkil

NightlyPoe said:
curl-6 said:
As to my sig, yeah I took the bet cos I was sure I would win.
Liquidlaser seemed quite serious about it, enough to take the bet. He came up with the number, I challenged him on it.

That's an easy mark if I've ever seen one.

BTW, I wouldn't say Nintendo is behaving badly.  I think their release schedule is legitimately messed up by world events.  Though, yeah, Nintendo being quiet with nothing on their release schedule past July is more than a little disconcerting.

TheMisterManGuy said:

That's what I'm saying, only a few Japanese companies announced just one or two games so far. You also have to keep in mind that Nintendo prefers showing games as they're closer to competition, I mean, this is a company who last year, announced a brand new AAA IP from Platinum, 6 months from its release. 

Six months from now is mid-December.

Did you forget how they announced Mario Tennis Aces was announced in January 2018 and came out in June. (5 months)
Or Mario Maker 2 was announced last year in February and it came out at the end of June? (4 months)
Or how Nintendo Labo was announced an January 2018 and came out in April? (3 months)
Or how Mario + Rabbids was announced at E3 and came out in late August? (2 months)
Or how Paper Mario was just barely announced in May and is coming out in July. (2 months)
Or how Ring Fit Adventure was announced in SEPTEMBER and released in OCTOBER? (1 MONTH!) 

Nintendo's strategy as of late has clearly been to wait until as close to release as possible and it's worked so far. So, I don't see the problem here. 

Around the Network
BraLoD said:
curl-6 said:

For the record, I don't. With both PS5 and XSX promising backwards compatibility I'd rather just wait as I'm not really interested in PS4/Xbone.

Well, that's a shame.

TLoU2 reviews are like 2 hours to start to pop and you'll see a lot of excitement for it too, which seems like what you want.

We are a week away of maybe one of this gen best games.

Then next month comes one of the other games I've been waiting for the most this last years.

PS5 aside, I'm hyped af for new games without it, right now.

I didn't really care for TLOU so not interested in its sequel. Just not my cup of tea.

Look, all I'm saying is Capcom announced two games today. What has Nintendo announced?

I have like 80 games on PS4 and currently 73 on Switch. I just got Xenoblade and picked up Fatal Bullet and Psyvaria Delta. Having a blast! Already have 70 hours in Xenoblade. I might Double dip on Ruiner and Hardcore Mecha.

Switch has plenty to offer. You just need to be a bit less cynical and expand your horizons.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Nintendo almost always goes into "cruise control" mode when they are riding high on success so I wouldn't expect a ton in the way of announcements. It is around E3 time though (or when it should have been) so maybe they'll shadow drop something, I just wouldn't pin all my hopes on it.

You'll get probably Mario Collection + Mario 3D World + maybe that new Bravely Default + Paper Mario this year and some indies. Expect that and if you get more, then it's a bonus.

Soundwave said:
Nintendo almost always goes into "cruise control" mode when they are riding high on success so I wouldn't expect a ton in the way of announcements. It is around E3 time though (or when it should have been) so maybe they'll shadow drop something, I just wouldn't pin all my hopes on it.

You'll get probably Mario Collection + Mario 3D World + maybe that new Bravely Default + Paper Mario this year and some indies. Expect that and if you get more, then it's a bonus.

Or it could just be that a worldwide pandemic had screwed over their entire development pipeline for the year due to Japan's WFH orders...