By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Tired of having nothing to look forward to on Switch

Xxain said:
curl-6 said:

Just, it is reactionary. Sorry, I'm having a moment. I'm trapped in my home not really able to walk and my work doesn't resume til later July so I'm feeling a bit depressed.

It's not that I don't have games to play NOW, that's not the issue. The issue is the future; what's coming in August, September, October, November? When will I get to play games that were promised all the way back in 2017 like Bayonetta 3? When will they show us gameplay of BOTW2?

I need some excitement, to feel like the future is bright and positive and exciting instead of just a gloomy mass of vagueness.

I am very very very excited to get my hands on a PS5, which is months away, but the wait will not be a painful one because:

- Still need to plat FF7

- working on DMC5

- Neir replicant so I can play

- Nier Automata Finally

- Still havent touched Ni OH yet so I cant touch 

- Ni OH 2

- Still need to play Ni no Kuni 1

- And 2!!!

This does not even include my Switch backlog which has just as many games. By the time I am done with this list PS5 will be out. 

You do the same. Occupy yourself with a list of games for the next several months. More than enough on switch to focus on 2 games per month.

Revisiting old games just doesn't give the excitement of a brand new game, or a new reveal/trailer of one.

Again, it's not that I don't have old stuff to keep me from going totally insane in the short term, but I am aching for something to feel excited for.

Around the Network

It seems to me that the problem isn't that games aren't coming or you don't have anything to play, but rather you don't know what is coming and when?

If that is the case, I wouldn't worry too much. Nintendo probably will have a direct some-time this summer telling us what's happening. Covid-19 seems to have mixed up their plans.

But yeah, I can understand the frustration even as a multiplatform owner. The Switch is my favorite platform and I want to see Bayonetta 3, Metroid Prime 4, Breath of the Wild, Shin Megami Tensei V, and other titles.

sc94597 said:

It seems to me that the problem isn't that games aren't coming or you don't have anything to play, but rather you don't know what is coming and when?

If that is the case, I wouldn't worry too much. Nintendo probably will have a direct some-time this summer telling us what's happening. Covid-19 seems to have mixed up their plans.

But yeah, I can understand the frustration even as a multiplatform owner. The Switch is my favorite platform and I want to see Bayonetta 3, Metroid Prime 4, Breath of the Wild, Shin Megami Tensei V, and other titles.

Thank you for understanding; yes I think that's a fairly accurate assessment.

I just wanna know what's coming and when, and to see games that they've gone inexplicably silent on for ages.

Every other company is dishing out big reveals on their games for this year and next in spite of the pandemic, Nintendo should too, but as a Switch owner, I'm being starved instead.

curl-6 said:

Every other company is dishing out big reveals on their games for this year and next in spite of the pandemic, Nintendo should too, but as a Switch owner, I'm being starved instead.

The difference is that a new console generation is launching this year. Sony and Microsoft can't just sit there with no games, so they got to show something. You'll notice from the PS5 and Xbox Series X showcases that there aren't very many announcements from Japanese companies either, so it's not just a Nintendo thing. 

Buy a second hand base PS4 (I remember you saying the graphic was already good enough, and truly pro improvement is minimal) and the best games second hand for like 15 bucks and have a good time.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network
TheMisterManGuy said:
curl-6 said:

The difference is that a new console generation is launching this year. Sony and Microsoft can't just sit there with no games, so they got to show something. You'll notice from the PS5 and Xbox Series X showcases that there aren't very many announcements from Japanese companies either, so it's not just a Nintendo thing. 

Capcom, Polyphany, TangoGameworks, SIE Japan, and Square Enix all announced major new games just today, they're all Japanese studios. There's no way Nintendo couldn't show BOTW2 or Bayonetta 3 gameplay if they wanted given the time they've been in development.

curl-6 said:

Capcom, Polyphany, TangoGameworks, SIE Japan, and Square Enix all announced major new games just today, they're all Japanese studios. There's no way Nintendo couldn't show BOTW2 or Bayonetta 3 gameplay if they wanted given the time they've been in development.

That's what I'm saying, only a few Japanese companies announced just one or two games so far. You also have to keep in mind that Nintendo prefers showing games as they're closer to competition, I mean, this is a company who last year, announced a brand new AAA IP from Platinum, 6 months from its release. 

TheMisterManGuy said:
curl-6 said:

That's what I'm saying, only a few Japanese companies announced just one or two games so far. You also have to keep in mind that Nintendo prefers showing games as they're closer to competition, I mean, this is a company who last year, announced a brand new AAA IP from Platinum, 6 months from its release. 

It's still shitty of them not to show us stuff that's coming 2-6 months from now, or new gameplay of revealed games that have gone a year of even 2 and a half without any, while Sony and MS are showering their players with new reveals.

curl-6 said:

It's still shitty of them not to show us stuff that's coming 2-6 months from now, or new gameplay of revealed games that have gone a year of even 2 and a half without any, while Sony and MS are showering their players with new reveals.

Again, Sony and Microsoft have new consoles coming, they can't just sit there with no games, they gotta show something to drum up hype. And again, look how long it took for Sony to give any actual news on the PS5 and its games this entire year. We'll get some Nintendo reveals soon, but bucket loads of reveals are simply not a priority for them at the moment, especially since we're just coming out of a pandemic. 

TheMisterManGuy said:
curl-6 said:

Again, Sony and Microsoft have new consoles coming, they can't just sit there with no games, they gotta show something to drum up hype. And again, look how long it took for Sony to give any actual news on the PS5 and its games this entire year. We'll get some Nintendo reveals soon, but bucket loads of reveals are simply not a priority for them at the moment, especially since we're just coming out of a pandemic. 

And again, it's shitty of Nintendo to be starving their fans of new games and info when other companies have proven the pandemic does not prevent this.

Look, if you're just going to fanatically defend their bad behavior, I'm not interested and we can end this discussion here. If past experience is anything to go by, you'll just keep endlessly replying, so let's just save ourselves the trouble. Go ahead and reply if it makes you feel better, but I won't be reading it.