By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Tired of having nothing to look forward to on Switch

Seriously, where is Bayonetta 3? Metroid Prime 4? BOTW2? Any major dates at all beyond next month? 

I'm just so, so fucking tired of Nintendo giving us nothing, of holding back for no good reason, constantly starving us of information and hype, of the games I want seeming like they'll never come out. I hate it.

The lack of communication and transparency regarding future games is just agonizing. It feels like I'm back in 2016 in the dark days of the Wii U.

(Sorry, having a moment here, needed to vent)

Last edited by curl-6 - on 12 June 2020

Around the Network

This literally makes no sense. Next gen systems are releasing in holiday... and Nintendo games won't magically all of a sudden be on PS5 and XSX.

I agree that as of late, Nintendo is as of late, being more quiet than usual and that has a great deal to do with how COVID has affected them while this time for Sony and MS is do or die. Nintendo's first half of the year is usually quieter than the second half and now you add the global pandemic on top of it and things for them just got even more complicated.

They have Paper Mario for next month and after that it's bleak. So they're probably going to wait it out through Paper Mario until they put together a new Direct. The wait is painful, but there's more important things than videogames.

BraLoD said:
You don't need yet.
Do you have a PS4?
TLoU2 next week.
GoT next month.
Then you can think about a PS5/XSX.

PS5 will play PS4 games. He is better off waiting.

But this is really just reactionary though. Switch has a lot of games and I find it difficult to believe you are starved. Many games you can be playing to hold you over. You literally sayin "Maaaaan I want cool show too!!!"

Btw that bet in your sig is like insta won. Like really?

You think that's bad? A couple of years more and Nintendo will release another console, they will abruptly euthanize this console and hold on to new game releases until the new thing is out.

Nintendo is selling their IPs to Microsoft and this is true because:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=221391&page=1

Xxain said:
BraLoD said:
You don't need yet.
Do you have a PS4?
TLoU2 next week.
GoT next month.
Then you can think about a PS5/XSX.

But this is really just reactionary though. Switch has a lot of games and I find it difficult to believe you are starved. Many games you can be playing to hold you over.

Yes, it is reactionary. Sorry, I'm having a bit of a meltdown. I'm trapped in my home not really able to walk and my work doesn't resume til later July so I'm feeling a little depressed.

It's not that I don't have games to play NOW, that's not the issue.

The issue is the future; what's coming in August, September, October, November? When will I get to play games that were promised all the way back in 2017 like Bayonetta 3? When will they show us gameplay of BOTW2, announced a whole year ago now? Everyone else is making big reveals and Nintendo's just sitting there giving us fuck all.

I need some excitement, to feel like the future is bright and positive and exciting instead of just a gloomy mass of vagueness.

Last edited by curl-6 - on 12 June 2020

Around the Network

As to my sig, yeah I took the bet cos I was sure I would win.
Liquidlaser seemed quite serious about it, enough to take the bet. He came up with the number, I challenged him on it.

I am sure Nintendo is cooking something up and will announce it sometime soon if Hotgirls18+ is to be believed :P

Although I am not sure how much buying next gen consoles will help with your issue as launches are always limited in games and a good number of games at the event said 2021.

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

With how you much you tend to limit what you buy and think you'll like or not already with Nintendo, wouldn't be surprised if you run into droughts and/or having something to look forward to anyways buying a PS5 or a Series X.

curl-6 said:
Xxain said:

But this is really just reactionary though. Switch has a lot of games and I find it difficult to believe you are starved. Many games you can be playing to hold you over.

Just, it is reactionary. Sorry, I'm having a moment. I'm trapped in my home not really able to walk and my work doesn't resume til later July so I'm feeling a bit depressed.

It's not that I don't have games to play NOW, that's not the issue. The issue is the future; what's coming in August, September, October, November? When will I get to play games that were promised all the way back in 2017 like Bayonetta 3? When will they show us gameplay of BOTW2?

I need some excitement, to feel like the future is bright and positive and exciting instead of just a gloomy mass of vagueness.

I am very very very excited to get my hands on a PS5, which is months away, but the wait will not be a painful one because:

- Still need to plat FF7

- working on DMC5

- Neir replicant so I can play

- Nier Automata Finally

- Still havent touched Ni OH yet so I cant touch 

- Ni OH 2

- Still need to play Ni no Kuni 1

- And 2!!!

This does not even include my Switch backlog which has just as many games. By the time I am done with this list PS5 will be out. 

You do the same. Occupy yourself with a list of games for the next several months. More than enough on switch to focus on 2 games per month.

You have to realize that Nintendo is currently coping with a Work From Home order in Japan due to the recent pandemic, so that plays a part in the lack of announcements, and slows up game development. Things will be back to normal soon, but for now, it's something we're just going to have to deal with. Besides, Sony was the exact same way prior to the PS5 showing. IE, barely giving out new announcements and info.