By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Tired of having nothing to look forward to on Switch

Maybe it is just me, but I don't really care about a game until I can actually buy it. Until then? Meh.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

Around the Network

Im busy playing Valorant, Animal Crossing and Minecraft Dungeons. But I do understand what you are feeling. Animes that got postponed because of Covid will finally air in July. I see a similar thing with Nintendo.

Pocky Lover Boy! 

AngryLittleAlchemist said:
Look, all I'm saying is Capcom announced two games today. What has Nintendo announced?

Are those 2 games coming this year? 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Jranation said:
Look, all I'm saying is Capcom announced two games today. What has Nintendo announced?

Who cares about release dates? All I care about is announcements. So what if Nintendo wants to release information closer to the launch of a game so that people don't have to wait an eternity? I'd rather have a reaction now! 

Jranation said:

Who cares about release dates? All I care about is announcements. So what if Nintendo wants to release information closer to the launch of a game so that people don't have to wait an eternity? I'd rather have a reaction now! 

Oh well. Lucky im not desperate for announcements. I can wait until they are ready to announce or show it. Got plenty of games to play and videos to watch. 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Around the Network

nintendo has a tendancy to reviel thier games closer to launch, chill. its just that no e3 screwed them over on the direct.
will probably be a july direct to show us whats coming.
Honestly its better then other companies revieling games, then nothing..... for 2-3 years.

You're highly picky in what games you like and want though no company would be able to keep you constantly happy.

The Switch is currently struggling to keep up with demand because consumers want Animal Crossing and Ring Fit Adventure so much. Nintendo doesn't want to build up hype right now, because it may lead to more stock problems. Nintendo wants to wait until they can keep up with the demand. In fact, delaying finished games until Nintendo can keep up with the demand might be the winning strategy.

TLoZ: Breath of the Wild Sequel
Metroid Prime 4
Monolith Fantasy Project
No More Heroes 3
Bayoneta 3
Shin Megami Tensei V

These are the announced games I look forward too, although not sure if any will come out before year's end (I Hope TLoZ does).

Then they will also probably announce a sequel to Super Madio Oddysey (pretty much like what they did with Super Mario Galaxy 2 regarding SMG). And if the rumoured Mario remasters are real, that will be awesome.

But yeah, it's a little intriguing to see no news related to the next months =P

There really is no reason for Nintendo to not show or announce new games for the Switch.. We are about to enter the second half of the year and no one knows what games will be out for the console. But why? They have games ready for this year or they do not?

Sony and Microsoft are showing a ton of awesome next-gen games, and for PS5 in particular we have several highly anticipated cartoon-style games like Rachet & Clank, Sackboy Adventure and others, up to more impressive realistic horror/sci-fi contents like Resident Evil 8, Ghostwire Tokyo, Demon's Souls, Horizon 2 and Pragmata. A lineup for every taste. I can see the hype going very high for these next-gen games but Nintendo is not responding at all, sleeping in its limbo, while this would be the right moment to counter attack and show the world the Switch has much more to say.

If they insist with this "strategy" the Switch will be damaged badly, because by the end of the year it will be quite dated as an home console, it will be considered only as an interesting portable one. Only a stream of good games can keep the beloved Switch alive for the years to come.

Last edited by JimmyFantasy - on 12 June 2020