7 30 13.45%

6 24 10.76%

5 16 7.17%

4 6 2.69%

3 6 2.69%

2 1 0.45%

1 4 1.79%

Total:223

Probably an 7. If it was was streamed at better quality, maybe 8. The unveiling of ps5 and lead up reveal segments to it were the highlight. I found the gt7 showing abit awkward, it went too long with the race showcase, not much was shown or said about what's new for ps5. Opening with gta 5 really annoyed me. I was hoping for a showcase of what is only possible on ps5, things that can't be done on ps4, such as physics,Ai advancements, games using variable shaders, some tech demonstrations of what's to come. I t hink only ratchet briefly demonstrated what the ssd will bring. Hopefully this isn't the last showcase before launch.

Around the Network
Runa216 said:

Dude seriously, just shut up with your anti-SJW bullshit. WE all know you're just grumpy because progress is winning out over tradition and change scares you. There's nothing wrong with having female protagonists; it's not an SJW agenda, it's gradual, long-term balance.

Your insecurities are showing. 

Nobody has a problem with female protagonists, nobody's had a problem with it in the past. I think the problem is that whenever studios make a big deal about "Diversity" there's almost always a ulterior motive behind it. That's why people get weary of studios bragging about how diverse there characters are, because they make it seem like Race and gender are the only interesting things about a person, and that's not the case. And often times, they use it as a shield to deflect criticism of their crappy writing or storytelling. 

I have no problems with female representation or female protagonists, just as long as they're interesting characters first before anything else. Studios need to learn that nobody actually gives a shit about race or gender really. Ideas, personalities, and goals are what make good characters. 

DonFerrari said:
TheBlackNaruto said:

MAD respect for this post.....if only others could be this real and straight forward.

Yep, not many can separate their taste from the impact or quality of something. And although MS presentation on May wasn't spetacular several of the titles were quite interesting and even if the first game show seemed generic it looked great and was done by a single guy. 

And i think we can still expect some big announcements from Microsoft,so yes we shall see what they bring to the table.

Unlikely i will buy the console but nothing is impossible.

TheMisterManGuy said:
Runa216 said:

Dude seriously, just shut up with your anti-SJW bullshit. WE all know you're just grumpy because progress is winning out over tradition and change scares you. There's nothing wrong with having female protagonists; it's not an SJW agenda, it's gradual, long-term balance.

Your insecurities are showing. 

Nobody has a problem with female protagonists, nobody's had a problem with it in the past. I think the problem is that whenever studios make a big deal about "Diversity" there's almost always a ulterior motive behind it. That's why people get weary of studios bragging about how diverse there characters are, because they make it seem like Race and gender are the only interesting things about a person, and that's not the case. And often times, they use it as a shield to deflect criticism of their crappy writing or storytelling. 

I have no problems with female representation or female protagonists, just as long as they're interesting characters first before anything else. Studios need to learn that nobody actually gives a shit about race or gender really. Ideas, personalities, and goals are what make good characters. 

I cannot help the blind to see. I especially can't educate the willfully ignorant. You are wrong, but so wrong I don't even know where to start to correct you so I'll just move on.

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Runa216 said:

I cannot help the blind to see. I especially can't educate the willfully ignorant. You are wrong, but so wrong I don't even know where to start to correct you so I'll just move on.

You know you could actually try and debate my points instead of trying to say I'm wrong with no explanation.

twintail said:

I don't get what you're trying to say.

You have no problem with female representation but games with female/ racial representation are done under the guise of ulterior motives... for reasons?

What I'm saying is, I'm always weary of people who go on and on about how "Diverse" their cast of characters are, because to me, more often than not, that signals that these characters have literally nothing else going for them besides their race or gender. It more of a marketing buzzword at that point. Human beings are much more complex than their chromosomes or skin color. I don't care if your character is black, gay, Asian whatever. Just focus on delivering a good narrative first. 

It's also annoying when people who rightfully call out bad writing or directing, get called bigots by the people behind the work. Showing that they're just using "Diversity" as a shield to deflect criticism, which is very unfair IMO.

Studios need to realise that ppl only care about the inner aspect of the character and not their outer looks? What?

They care about characters, not race or gender. For example, Nobody likes Black Widow in the Avengers films solely because she's a female superhero. People like Black Widow because she's an interesting and fun Superhero who happens to be female. The point is, "Diversity" had never really been a problem in entertainment in for a while. Writers and Directors were able to look past race or gender and just tell good stories with good characters, who just so happen to be Female or a particular race.

To me this sounds like an ALM vs BLM argument (the former completely missing the point of the latter).  Saying that ppl don't care about the appearance of the character (which is factually incorrect considering how popular create-a-character options are) only goes to undermine the push for better representation of people and culture, as if a black female character means nothing unless she has perfect writing to suit her. Because changing the character to a white male is now ok? 

I didn't say they don't care about appearance. What I'm saying is most people don't get so caught up over whether their race or gender is "represented" or not. People just want well written and appealing characters at the end of the day. If you want to write about a black protagonist, or female protagonist, that's fine. But make them compelling human beings first before anything else. 

Like, you can't argue that the appearance doesn't matter, then we ought to just have invisible people as main characters. If white male characters can be represented with good and bad writing, why shouldn't other race/ gender combinations not be seen as viable for the same thing?

Nobody's saying they aren't viable. But what I'm saying is that make the characters whatever race or gender you want, but make sure you give people well written characters first before anything else. 

Last edited by TheMisterManGuy - on 25 June 2020

Around the Network
TheMisterManGuy said:
Runa216 said:

You know you could actually try and debate my points instead of trying to say I'm wrong with no explanation.

I'm sorry, I actually have a life. The amount of time it would take to actually pinpoint everything you said that's misleading, wrong, or unethical and counterbalance it with corrections and explanations should cost you money. Plus, when you're so wrong your points disprove themselves by sheer volume of absurdity...well...

I've had it with people who act like two sides of an issue have equal merit. In instances like this, there is a right answer and a wrong answer. Twintail and others are right. you are wrong. Stop moving the goalposts every time someone points out flaws in your logic. Stop being overly critical of non-majority representations. Stop acting like this is a big deal when it really, REALLY shouldn't be. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

Runa216 said:

I'm sorry, I actually have a life. The amount of time it would take to actually pinpoint everything you said that's misleading, wrong, or unethical and counterbalance it with corrections and explanations should cost you money. Plus, when you're so wrong your points disprove themselves by sheer volume of absurdity...well...

In other words, you don't actually have an argument. That's fine, but if you're going to say that my points are wrong or unethical, then at least explain why. Making broad generalizations without actually backing them up is just like saying "everyone who disagrees with me is a Nazi". 

I've had it with people who act like two sides of an issue have equal merit. In instances like this, there is a right answer and a wrong answer. Twintail and others are right. you are wrong. Stop moving the goalposts every time someone points out flaws in your logic. Stop being overly critical of non-majority representations. 

I'm speaking from the perspective of a writer myself. Saying I'm wrong or I'm moving goalposts isn't an argument if you can't back it up. If you actually want to find fault in my arguments, then you can actually try and address them. I'm not aiming to win, I'm aiming to come to an understanding. 

Stop acting like this is a big deal when it really, REALLY shouldn't be. 

I never acted like this was a big deal. You're just projecting. 

TheMisterManGuy said:
Runa216 said:

In other words, you don't actually have an argument. That's fine, but if you're going to say that my points are wrong or unethical, then at least explain why. Making broad generalizations without actually backing them up is just like saying "everyone who disagrees with me is a Nazi". 

I've had it with people who act like two sides of an issue have equal merit. In instances like this, there is a right answer and a wrong answer. Twintail and others are right. you are wrong. Stop moving the goalposts every time someone points out flaws in your logic. Stop being overly critical of non-majority representations. 

I'm speaking from the perspective of a writer myself. Saying I'm wrong or I'm moving goalposts isn't an argument if you can't back it up. If you actually want to find fault in my arguments, then you can actually try and address them. I'm not aiming to win, I'm aiming to come to an understanding. 

Stop acting like this is a big deal when it really, REALLY shouldn't be. 

I never acted like this was a big deal. You're just projecting. 

Oh, I have many, many arguments. Good ones. Great ones, even. What I don't have is the time to go into the level of detail needed to explain WHY they're good arguments. Furthermore, I don't believe for a second based on what you've written that you'll even consider the reality that I'm right and you're wrong. It literally doesn't matter what I say, you won't concede or even consider the possibility that you're wrong, your points are based off nonsense, and your stance is misguided at best and outright damaging at worst. 

I have arguments, but laying them out in a concise, timely manner is not worth my time because I don't believe you possess the capacity to even consider a single thing I say. Literally everything I say will be met with you simply using it as a prompt to push another faulty agenda or incite another bit of logical fallacy so you can feel alive by arguing. 

Inclusion shouldn't be seen as an act of politics, it should be normalized. you disagree. your fundamental stance on the issue is one of subjugation and prejudice. Until you get out of that hole, we cannot have a decent conversation on the matter. 

Stop trying to get a 'debate' out of me. All you're interested in is trolling me for responses to fuel your desire to argue a point; you have no interest in doing what's right or finding the truth. This never is or was about inclusion, it was always a political platform to cry about being repressed or underrepresented because gay characters went from 0.003% representation in the media and are like 2% now...which certain groups see as overrepresentation. This is because Females went from 5% to 8%. To some people, it's just an SJW agenda, and people who believe that cannot be argued with. I have no interest in engaging with you further, because I already know you're just going to say 'nuh uh!' and think up a million reasons why I'm wrong about you becuase that's not how you see yourself. 

Well, nobody likes admitting that they're wrong, and being proven wrong just turns us into pariahs in our own heads. that's you right now. a self-proclaimed pariah fighting for what YOU Want to be equality but isn't equality at all.

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

Runa216 said:
TheMisterManGuy said:

He"s not wrong...

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Runa216 said:

Oh, I have many, many arguments. Good ones. Great ones, even. What I don't have is the time to go into the level of detail needed to explain WHY they're good arguments. Furthermore, I don't believe for a second based on what you've written that you'll even consider the reality that I'm right and you're wrong. It literally doesn't matter what I say, you won't concede or even consider the possibility that you're wrong, your points are based off nonsense, and your stance is misguided at best and outright damaging at worst. 

Okay, let's hear them.

I have arguments, but laying them out in a concise, timely manner is not worth my time because I don't believe you possess the capacity to even consider a single thing I say. Literally everything I say will be met with you simply using it as a prompt to push another faulty agenda or incite another bit of logical fallacy so you can feel alive by arguing. 

Again, you're making broad generalizations because you don't actually want to discuss. If you want to disagree that's fine, but you should at least explain why you disagree with me. like twintail did, and I'll try and explain my points or maybe even agree on some of yours. 

Inclusion shouldn't be seen as an act of politics, it should be normalized. you disagree. your fundamental stance on the issue is one of subjugation and prejudice. Until you get out of that hole, we cannot have a decent conversation on the matter. 

If you were to actually read my posts, you would know that I was never against diversity. Just the fake, corporate diversity that brags about having a minority cast, and thinks that excuses them from writing a compelling characters. There's absolutely nothing wrong with protagonists who aren't straight white males, and people should have the freedom to write about whoever they want. But they should also make sure that these are characters first and foremost. Give them flaws, motivations, goals, personalities. These are the traits normal people actually look for in characters. This isn't even me pushing some "alt-right agenda" or whatever, it's basic writing 101. 

Stop trying to get a 'debate' out of me. All you're interested in is trolling me for responses to fuel your desire to argue a point; you have no interest in doing what's right or finding the truth. This never is or was about inclusion, it was always a political platform to cry about being repressed or underrepresented because gay characters went from 0.003% representation in the media and are like 2% now...which certain groups see as overrepresentation. This is because Females went from 5% to 8%. To some people, it's just an SJW agenda, and people who believe that cannot be argued with. 

And again, diversity isn't a bad thing so long as the characters are well written. I'm not against diversity, I'm against bad writing using diversity as a shield to deflect criticism, which ironically enough, it exactly what you're doing right now. 

Last edited by TheMisterManGuy - on 27 June 2020