5 16 7.17%

4 6 2.69%

3 6 2.69%

2 1 0.45%

1 4 1.79%

Total:223
Zoombael said:
6/10

The industries forced focus on female protagonists was quite annoying once again.

Dude seriously, just shut up with your anti-SJW bullshit. WE all know you're just grumpy because progress is winning out over tradition and change scares you. There's nothing wrong with having female protagonists; it's not an SJW agenda, it's gradual, long-term balance.

Your insecurities are showing. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Around the Network
Zoombael said:
6/10

The industries forced focus on female protagonists was quite annoying once again.

-Horizon was always about a female lead.

-The new ip's females do not bother me because what it implemented new is not forced or does not shove away existing characters.

-A female ratchet for some part of the game because of the alternate dimensions? Very fitting i do think and surely not forced,and it is not even clear if that was ratchet changing sexes or just a new char.

Nothing what i did see did feel forced but after the last of us 2 leaks the paranoia of Sony being ''woke'' has been snowballing.

Immersiveunreality said:
Zoombael said:
6/10

-The new ip's females do not bother me because what it implemented new is not forced or does not shove away existing characters.

-A female ratchet for some part of the game because of the alternate dimensions? Very fitting i do think and surely not forced,and it is not even clear if that was ratchet changing sexes or just a new char.

Nothing what i did see did feel forced but after the last of us 2 leaks the paranoia of Sony being ''woke'' has been snowballing.

And the gender of Ratchet as an animal of different species basically means very little.

Perhaps he is also worried with Miles Morales not being caucassian and Gwen being spiderwoman =p

I'm not one that supportive of progressism and identitary policies, but I haven't see any problem on the show regarding this, nor in the ND games so far. My concern is on TLOU2 but per BraLOD comment on a reviewer that said the leaks are very bad placed I'm not that worried anymore.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

I very much disliked it. I felt a number of the reveals were extremely underwhelming for a showcase of a new system. For a system reveal, I want to be shocked, I want to go "No way! My current system couldn't pull that off!", I don't want to sit down for over an hour and watch mostly indie titles that could certainly been done on the current gen (in this case PS4) and possibly even the generation before (PS3). I also felt the transitions took up too much time, the RockStar announcement was a joke and there weren't enough wonderful surprises. A look at Horizon II really is what I enjoyed (but I expected it) with a small handful of other titles getting a bit of my interest (I like R&C, so that's neat, teasing some new RE is cool, neat that Souls is getting a remake etc). Granted, yes, they hand some gameplay, which I know people made fun of Microsoft for not having, but a lot of it was gameplay for stuff I just didn't care about AND is small indie titles that'll likely end up being fodder that people play out of a desire for content at launch and easily forgotten.

Immersiveunreality said:
Zoombael said:
6/10

plus, you know, the developer admitted it was furry bait and the furry community is already ALL over it.

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Around the Network
hush404 said:
I very much disliked it. I felt a number of the reveals were extremely underwhelming for a showcase of a new system. For a system reveal, I want to be shocked, I want to go "No way! My current system couldn't pull that off!", I don't want to sit down for over an hour and watch mostly indie titles that could certainly been done on the current gen (in this case PS4) and possibly even the generation before (PS3). I also felt the transitions took up too much time, the RockStar announcement was a joke and there weren't enough wonderful surprises. A look at Horizon II really is what I enjoyed (but I expected it) with a small handful of other titles getting a bit of my interest (I like R&C, so that's neat, teasing some new RE is cool, neat that Souls is getting a remake etc). Granted, yes, they hand some gameplay, which I know people made fun of Microsoft for not having, but a lot of it was gameplay for stuff I just didn't care about AND is small indie titles that'll likely end up being fodder that people play out of a desire for content at launch and easily forgotten.

This conference was certainly a big step up from that weird MS showcase, but I feel people also have rather selective memory on these things. I never even watched the MS showcase live, but a week or so ago I figured I'd have a look since this PS5 reveal got delayed. It was mostly ho hum and never wowed me, but there were a few interesting titles, and they did show a bit of decent gameplay.

The Ascent was maybe the best overall, Scarlet Nexus was okay for us weeb game fans, Call of the Sea is a worthwhile mention, and even though neither The Medium or Scorn showed gameplay they're both very promising horror titles.

People just get these extreme narratives and run away with them.

Shaunodon said:
hush404 said:
I very much disliked it.

This conference was certainly a big step up from that weird MS showcase, but I feel people also have rather selective memory on these things.

People just get these extreme narratives and run away with them.

That seems to be the norm (people with selective memory) and the fan-boyism of it all seems to add to that fire as well. I don't think either company did a good job. I would say Sony tried to treat it more like a full on presentation, but (a fair amount of) the content really under-delivered when I'm expecting something from a platform holder as the first "This is what our system can do!". It felt like they had a few games to show in that light and scrambled to get a bunch of indie devs to show what they were doing just to fill the time. I'd say the Epic shown UE5 content (released before the Sony show) did a better job of igniting the wow factor.

Runa216 said:
Immersiveunreality said:

plus, you know, the developer admitted it was furry bait and the furry community is already ALL over it.

Admitted while not joking?

I mean these games can always be seen as a bit furry baiting no?

foodfather said:
8/10 for conference. But I have no interest in the console itself.

MAD respect for this post.....if only others could be this real and straight forward.

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

TheBlackNaruto said:
foodfather said:
8/10 for conference. But I have no interest in the console itself.

MAD respect for this post.....if only others could be this real and straight forward.

Yep, not many can separate their taste from the impact or quality of something. And although MS presentation on May wasn't spetacular several of the titles were quite interesting and even if the first game show seemed generic it looked great and was done by a single guy. 

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."