By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Famitsu Sales: Week 22, 2020 (May 25 - May 31)

Tagged games:

Mnementh said:
MasonADC said:

such as? The switch still isn't getting the traditional big third party games and it never will at this point. 

Are we still talking about Japan? Because the biggest third party games of 2021 in Japan were:

1. Monster Hunter Rise
2. Momotaro Detentsu
3. Story of Seasons
4. Minecraft
5. Resident Evil Village

So, four of the biggest five 3rd-party games were on Switch. The full list reveals that 23 of the 30 biggest 3rd-party games were on Switch:

Oh, you said traditional. How is that defined? Probably convinient. Like traditional are only games that don't release on Nintendo, or traditional are games that aren't relevant in Japan anymore.

The reality is more like that Playstation just will not get the biggest 3rd-party releases anymore. Because it already doesn't get them. Minecraft is on Playstation, but it didn't got Rise, Momotaro or Story of Seasons. So of the five biggest games of 2021 Playstation gamers missed three, Switch gamers one game. Playstation may become some expensive tech demos that quickly leave the charts (if they hit it in the first place), but we talk about *big* 3rd-party games in Japan. Playstation gamers miss out here on the most important titles.

PS dying and making the traditional games not being as big anymore doesn't make what I said wrong. The switch still aren't getting those big games. The publishers would rather the series die in japan for success otherwhere. Like I said, what I said was 100% correct

Around the Network
MasonADC said:
Kakadu18 said:

These two points aren't correct anymore. There have been quite a few notable Switch exclusive games recently.

such as? The switch still isn't getting the traditional big third party games and it never will at this point. 

Apart from MHR, Momotaro and Story of Seasons there was Rune Factory 5, Baseball Spirits 2021, Yugioh Duell Rush, Crayon Shin-Chan, MH Stories 2, Bravely Default 2, just to name a few. All sold over 100k, all at least console exclusive to the Switch in Japan.

And please define what your so called "traditional" big third party games are.

MasonADC said:
Mnementh said:

Are we still talking about Japan? Because the biggest third party games of 2021 in Japan were:

1. Monster Hunter Rise
2. Momotaro Detentsu
3. Story of Seasons
4. Minecraft
5. Resident Evil Village

So, four of the biggest five 3rd-party games were on Switch. The full list reveals that 23 of the 30 biggest 3rd-party games were on Switch:

Oh, you said traditional. How is that defined? Probably convinient. Like traditional are only games that don't release on Nintendo, or traditional are games that aren't relevant in Japan anymore.

The reality is more like that Playstation just will not get the biggest 3rd-party releases anymore. Because it already doesn't get them. Minecraft is on Playstation, but it didn't got Rise, Momotaro or Story of Seasons. So of the five biggest games of 2021 Playstation gamers missed three, Switch gamers one game. Playstation may become some expensive tech demos that quickly leave the charts (if they hit it in the first place), but we talk about *big* 3rd-party games in Japan. Playstation gamers miss out here on the most important titles.

PS dying and making the traditional games not being as big anymore doesn't make what I said wrong. The switch still aren't getting those big games. The publishers would rather the series die in japan for success otherwhere. Like I said, what I said was 100% correct

Yet Switch is getting those big games. They aren't the same games anymore, but we today also don't consider Zork or Ultima important series. So Switch isn't getting series that aren't relevant in japan anymore. Boohoohoo.

One thing you said that was quoted by Laser was: "When does this third party domination start?"

Now you say: "When does this domination of third-party titles which aren't relevant anymore start?" That's a different point.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

MasonADC said:
Mnementh said:

1. Monster Hunter Rise
2. Momotaro Detentsu
3. Story of Seasons
4. Minecraft
5. Resident Evil Village

Traditionally, the biggest third party games in Japan are Monster Hunter and Dragon Quest.  Switch has both.  The Monster Hunter game is even an exclusive.  There is nothing bigger for the Switch to get. 

Mnementh said:
MasonADC said:

Yet Switch is getting those big games. They aren't the same games anymore, but we today also don't consider Zork or Ultima important series. So Switch isn't getting series that aren't relevant in japan anymore. Boohoohoo.

One thing you said that was quoted by Laser was: "When does this third party domination start?"

Now you say: "When does this domination of third-party titles which aren't relevant anymore start?" That's a different point.

there was an entire conversation, I recommend actually reading it or you wouldn't be saying nonsensical stuff tbh. Not just the quote

Around the Network
MasonADC said:
Mnementh said:

1. Monster Hunter Rise
2. Momotaro Detentsu
3. Story of Seasons
4. Minecraft
5. Resident Evil Village

PS dying not making traditional game being dying. More traditional than Dragon Quest, Momotaro, and Shin Megami Tensei? 

all launching on Switch. So you are wrong?

Agente42 said:
MasonADC said:

PS dying not making traditional game being dying. More traditional than Dragon Quest, Momotaro, and Shin Megami Tensei? 

Tradtional big sellers, not just traditional games in general 

MasonADC said:
Agente42 said:

Dragon Quest and Monster Hunter are traditional big sellers, but whatever, you do your reality.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Mnementh said:
MasonADC said:

Dragon Quest and Monster Hunter are traditional big sellers, but whatever, you do your reality.

not once did I say they weren't?