By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why Trials of Mana Remake didnt make any noise, unlike FF7 Remake.

Tagged games:

It's like if someone remade The Last Starfighter vs Star Wars.

I prefer The Last Starfighter but I'm in the minority by a longshot.

I played ToM remake and I loved it. One of the best remakes I ever played of an RPG. Great game. Sadly tho the game does not open up until you get your first class.

Last edited by Leynos - on 01 June 2020

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Around the Network

Final Fantasy VII is literally the biggest, most popular JRPG of all time and one of the most iconic and influential videogames there's ever been. You can't expect it to stand toe to toe with Final Fantasy VII. Releasing it only 2 weeks after VIIR was also a gigantic mistake.

comfort yourself with the fact that that sprite has some pretty big honkers

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Does OP know how popular the original FF7 was? And the fact hardly anybody had heard of Trials of mana? FF7 original is one of the most well known games in gaming history. I'm sure trials is a good game, I'm interested it in myself, but it was never ever going to get the hype of FF7 remake

PSN ID: Stokesy 

Add me if you want but let me know youre from this website

Because one is FFVII and the other is something most people have never heard of

Around the Network

this is the dictionary definition of a no-brainer

I really didn't enjoy the demos fore either of them to be honest. I will probably get both at some point when they go on sale. I did enjoy the Secret of Mana remake so I should like Trial when I get around to buying it.

I love this Game, I Don’t get the 7/10 Argument.

Aside from the IP comparisons, a game of Final Fantasy's budget and art direction is just on another level in terms of mass appeal.

As Final Fantasy games became less and less frequent, I started to look for other JRPGs to fill the gulf and then I sadly realised that there are very few games which has the same art sensibilities, blending western and japanese styles. Often JRPGS are just too anime feeling and tell stories in a ways that I struggle to get into.

Even when you take budget out of the equation. Something like FFVIII or IX which 21 years old still looks more appealing to me character and world wise.

When Anime is done with distinction (Persona for example) or I'm told that something is extremely good, then I'll check it out. 

Perhaps because FF7 is amongst the most influencal and iconic games of the industry. Even if you don't like Jrpg's you have probably heard of Cloud, Sepiroth, Tifa and Aerith. Meanwhile Trials of Mana isn't really iconic (doesn't mean its bad though).

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar