By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Famitsu Sales: Week 21, 2020 (May 18 - May 24)

Tagged games:

Great bounce back from the Switch, I think the sales of the console are really tied to supply at this point. Terrible sales for the PS4, what the hell happened? This has to be a record low.

Other than that Animal Crossing is still insane, Ring Fit Adventures has passed FFVII:R's physical total. With digital FFVII:R is assuredly ahead still.

Last edited by TruckOSaurus - on 28 May 2020

Signature goes here!

Around the Network

Almost a million increase year on year, if switch maintains this lead then it ends up at 5.5m for the year which would beat the peak 3ds year. However i expect it to extend the gap not just maintain it, is 6m possible?

Just looking at Switch hardware, I really do think it is still supply constrained. The numbers are all over the place from one week to the next. Animal Crossing sales are starting to come down to Earth now. I mean, it's still 100k a week, lol, but it is actually dropping week over week. It's not at that massive ~300k a week that it was at not too long ago.

The_Liquid_Laser said:
Just looking at Switch hardware, I really do think it is still supply constrained. The numbers are all over the place from one week to the next. Animal Crossing sales are starting to come down to Earth now. I mean, it's still 100k a week, lol, but it is actually dropping week over week. It's not at that massive ~300k a week that it was at not too long ago.

It’s pretty obvious that it is supplied constrained. Nintendo is probably holding off some stock as well until next week for xenoblade release 

TruckOSaurus said:

Terrible sales for the PS4, what the hell happened? This has to be a record low.

Indeed. Previous low was 6'066 on February 22 this year (before the corona boost).

Around the Network
Metroid33slayer said:
Almost a million increase year on year, if switch maintains this lead then it ends up at 5.5m for the year which would beat the peak 3ds year. However i expect it to extend the gap not just maintain it, is 6m possible?

It really depends on how much supply Nintendo sends their way. Lately it seems they've been prioritizing shipments to the west, but if they even things out a bit more 6 mil should be very possible. Basicly I think the Switch will sell as much as they can ship for a long while yet and I think 3,75 mil for the rest of the year should be doable, unless they run into a major holdup of some sort.

Try out my free game on Steam

2024 OpenCritic Prediction Leagues:

Nintendo | PlayStation | Multiplat

This is one slow week. AC keeps slaying and the PS4 is really low(to be expected) but other than that, it has nothing really worth noticing.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Wtf are those PS4 numbers? No stock?

Pokemon has also returned to the top 10.

Last edited by Wyrdness - on 28 May 2020

Wyrdness said:

Wtf are those PS4 numbers? No stock?

Sadly I fear it's rather no demand anymore now that FF7R has been out a couple weeks and nothing much followed since.

Edit: What happened to XBO that it got  such a huge jump over last week?

Last edited by Bofferbrauer2 - on 28 May 2020

Splatoon 2 seems to be doing great lately. Is it splatfest related? Maybe the demo?
I think it still has a chance to pass Pokemon physical sales. SSBU seems to be out of reach.
All 3 have sold exceptionally though.
Ninty just needs to find a way to make Splatoon bigger in the west. That way it can have another 20 mil seller in the future.

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"