By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Famitsu Sales: Week 21, 2020 (May 18 - May 24)

Tagged games:

Yeah, that is the end of PS4 in Japan I think.

Around the Network

Could be stock issues for ps4, that and market saturation with ps5 coming soon.

mM
MasonADC said:
The_Liquid_Laser said:
Just looking at Switch hardware, I really do think it is still supply constrained. The numbers are all over the place from one week to the next. Animal Crossing sales are starting to come down to Earth now. I mean, it's still 100k a week, lol, but it is actually dropping week over week. It's not at that massive ~300k a week that it was at not too long ago.

It’s pretty obvious that it is supplied constrained. Nintendo is probably holding off some stock as well until next week for xenoblade release 

XC DE is only a "3rd or 4th bullet" in the line up, only the radical lovers of the Wii game believe that it is a heavy multi million seller, I am sure Nintendo doesn't even consider the game into their stock of Switch adjustments.

I am curious to see if the game can reach 3 million lifetime. But it has no chance to reach even 5 millions.

Amnesia said:
MasonADC said:

It’s pretty obvious that it is supplied constrained. Nintendo is probably holding off some stock as well until next week for xenoblade release 

XC DE is only a "3rd or 4th bullet" in the line up, only the radical lovers of the Wii game believe that it is a heavy multi million seller, I am sure Nintendo doesn't even consider the game into their stock of Switch adjustments.

I am curious to see if the game can reach 3 million lifetime. But it has no chance to reach even 5 millions.

Even without it being a multi million seller, having stock for a new game is still a good idea. Next week will probably have a good increase compared to this week 

MasonADC said:
Amnesia said:

Even without it being a multi million seller, having stock for a new game is still a good idea. Next week will probably have a good increase compared to this week 

Save my post for the day it reaches 5 millions. I will accept every critics on that day.

Around the Network
Amnesia said:
MasonADC said:

Save my post for the day it reaches 5 millions. I will accept every critics on that day.

I don’t think it’ll reach 5 million either, it probably won’t even get to 2.5 million 

While ps4 sold 1% of the year this week, xbo sold 10% of the total of this year.
Lol

Aaand ps4 crashes now that FF7R wore off

With the ps5 launch imminent and it pretty much reaching market saturation (a figure which the switch probably brough down), I don’t see ps4 selling any better in japan even with a proce drop.

Mar1217 said:
Marth said:

Considering XC2 stands at roughly 1.8M even getting to 2M will be a fight for XC DE imo.

It can be argued the IP gained notoriety since XC2 and not just that XC DE isn't limited right at it's launch like OG was back when they had an GameStop exclusive deal.

There should be a decent increase, I would take the best sales of the series (XC2?), and multiply by x1,3 to estimate the total sales.

I thought that XC2 was already over 2. Are we sure it is 1,8 ?

Switch doing valiantly in the face of stock shortages. It'd be nice to see how it'd sell without them.

Holy shit at PS4, those are deathbed numbers. And just a week ago I said 6k was bleak.