By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Do We Really Want a New Cold War?

Eagle367 said:
Farsala said:

Yes they have. Btw, anything the US has done, China has allowed. China doesn't care if the US kills millions, as long as they get the money and can kill millions of their own.

What the hell are you talking about? If China killed a million people since 2000, it would be huge news. Like seriously there is propaganda and then there is this. Straight up lying. And again, I never said China is good so your point is null and void. Both are evil. There is no good side. The entire premise is stupid since the US won't do anything based on ideals or morals and only based on short term profits for their war mongers and oligarchs. China doesn't work for the benefit of humanity either. Both are negative for the world but which is worse right now? I would say US by a mile. Hell Israel, Russia and Saudi Arabia are more dangerous than China right now.

I am just fighting hyperbole with hyperbole. If you can claim the US has killed millions since 2000, then that means that China has too by correlation.

Around the Network
John2290 said:
Eagle367 said:

Honestly the portal of the evil chinese is hilarious in this thread. A lot is pure be propaganda. It's honestly Red Scare 2: Electric Bugaloo. China is evil and you don't need to go down slippery slopes to say they are so damn scary. The treatment of Uyughurs is horrendous for example. But it's a weird laughable thing. Oh China will make the world Orwellian. Oh China will control when and how you poop. Oh China will stare at you while you sleep. Oh China will put monitoring equipment in your pets. Oh China will make the moon into one big camera. Oh China will tell you who to marry. Oh China will name every kid themselves and it will be numbers instead of names, Oh China will create a life book for everyone to tell them how their life will pan out. Oh China will slap you when you talk back to your parents. Oh China will tell you to clean your room or you're in big trouble mister.

China doesn't need to make you do anything, they just have to have you believe you chose to do the thing and there is a big difference between choosing to do something because it's your will and choosing to do something so you aren't ranked down on the credit system and locked out of society. 

Sounds a whole lot like currently any other functioning propaganda machine, so yeah, still not buying that it's better if Senior Brother West is doing it :)))

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

OTBWY said:
hunter_alien said:

Fixed it for you

Your crappy fix still implicates China of all of that lmao.

And every other world power... my point still stands

John2290 said:
hunter_alien said:

A clear endgame visible? Really? Pax Americana? The much propagated "end of history?" Do any of these ring a bell to you? Or do these "freedoms" only apply to you and you only? Where was that much-touted freedom in Afghanistan, Iraq, Libya, Yemen, most of Latin America or Africa? Where they decimated by the nasty Chinese influence as well? You are talking about an open war as a quick solution, yet the US is bogged down in several military quagmires and millions of innocent lives where and are constantly lost.

I'm really sorry, but even though there are clear issues with China, absolutely disgusting propaganda and "monstrosity machinery" analogies apply to any global power at any time in history.

Your freedom for which your ancestors gave their lives were paid by the blood of Native Americans and slaves in general, so don't you dare bring that bullshit into the discussion. The freedom that was "won" was only for the privileged few.

Is China any better? Who knows, but hey, at least they did not go around the world and bombed millions in the name of a failed ideal

I'm not American and I will dare, A whole generation of young men from western allied nations gave up their lives so I could dare and you could disagree and their sons and the sons of their sons fought to protect it and save our future arses from the communism in the decades after as from nuclear war before mutually assured distruction was on the table. All our ancestors. All our people who lived not long ago, just out of reach of a lifetime but we are already going to forget what they gave us and ignore their sacrifice while kicking the can down the road for the people after usto deal with so they can suffer instead, fuck that. 

And yes, there is a clear goal in the manipulation to destabilise and cause confusion. They are attacking from within and if you don't believe me, have a look at the most recent few months on covid alone and how they managed to manipulate US citizens to seed fear but do a dive and find the countless other attempts they've been exposed of before covid, just the times they've been caught and exposed, mind. 

Like I said, I am against those wars and the murder for oil in the middle east. This is vastly different, it's the difference in how we get to live not with what we get to live. It's not material and it's something you can't easily get back without a generation or many generations suffering in the attempt. It's akin to letting fascism run a much a century ago and there were plenty like you back then who thought fascism would be something that could co exist, it was as devisive as letting China do their thing but we all know how that went. Like it or not, China and the West can't exist together when the west pulls out, one has to go or one has to pull back to the nation level. Trump and co might do it but it's very unlikely in his timeframe for office and the CCP have all the time they need with no tricky managment changes to work around, they can pull off a near Orwellian siuation on the world given enough time and by near I mean almost exactly. They already have managed it near well enough on their own people and you can see those tendrils grabbing onto the rest of the world if you just look, just take the time to research and access it. 

They can exist and will exist. Both will change, bot change on a daily basis.

Also in the cold war, the mutually assured destruction was weel, mutual, and in all fairness, only the west used a nuclear weapon in an open conflict, so it was no wonder there was a massive amount of paranoia in the eastern block that they will do it again, as they threatened several times during open hostilities even as early as the Korean war.

And I am sorry for calling you American. I admit I did not check your profile. Not that there is anything wrong with that. Everything I say here is intended to be pointed toward political entities and not the common folk, as most of them are decent human beings (pretty much anywhere you would go on the world). But come on, if one country has an even shadier past than the US, that has to be the UK )) So yeah, while it's nice to shed a tear for our loved ones, don't forget that many who "died for our freedoms" were the same who enforced the brutal repressions on the Indian subcontinent that cost just there the lives of millions.

John2290 said:
newwil7l said:

You really need to lay off the propaganda. And this is coming from someone that would rather have a US hegemony led status quo rather than a Chinese one.

I'd suggest you learn Maderin. Hedge your bets. 

I'd suggest you learn Mandarin. It is always good to exactly know what your enemies are up to. Be warned: many chinese people have learned english very well and reading western media and news. If you avoid learning Mandarin, you and your country are disadvanteged in a conflict, be it a cold war or a war. So if you see conflict with China as inevitable, your really should learn their language.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Around the Network
Oneeee-Chan!!! said:
Will Asians become more democratic and progressive when they come into contact with Westerners?
It hasn't sunk in yet.

Taiwan has moved from a one-party dictatorship to a democracy after Chiang Kai-sheks death. Japan was a fascist country in WW2 and has moved to become a democracy. South Korea was until the 80s a military dictatorship. I think the track record of soft influence is pretty good. In none of these countries the West imposed sanctions and none of these countries toppled the government violently to reach todays status.

The only downside: it takes decades.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

Mnementh said:
Oneeee-Chan!!! said:
Will Asians become more democratic and progressive when they come into contact with Westerners?
It hasn't sunk in yet.

Taiwan has moved from a one-party dictatorship to a democracy after Chiang Kai-sheks death. Japan was a fascist country in WW2 and has moved to become a democracy. South Korea was until the 80s a military dictatorship. I think the track record of soft influence is pretty good. In none of these countries the West imposed sanctions and none of these countries toppled the government violently to reach todays status.

You forget to mention that all 3 were occupied by the US. Even Vietnam became less communist and more sympathetic to the west after a brief occupation. Hong Kong and Macau was occupied for a long time. Germany was occupied by the west and the USSR, but eventually the western occupation won out. That kind of points to occupying China as better.

Farsala said:
Mnementh said:

You forget to mention that all 3 were occupied by the US. Even Vietnam became less communist and more sympathetic to the west after a brief occupation. Hong Kong and Macau was occupied for a long time. Germany was occupied by the west and the USSR, but eventually the western occupation won out. That kind of points to occupying China as better.

Taiwan was never occupied by the US. South Korea wasn't really, but they both fought together against North Korea. But the military dictatorship remained long after the Korean War. The internal change in South Korea wasn't through militaric action. The only one that changed strongly during the occupation was Japan, as a loser in WW2. But even since then, Japan made a lot of modernization.

Mnementh said:
Oneeee-Chan!!! said:
It hasn't sunk in yet.

I thought it was the contact of the ordinaly citizens though.

This is also the responsibility of the Japanese citizens, but the pro-U.S. government basically doesn't seem to care much about democracy. In addition, the democratization of Taiwan and South Korea began with the general public. I don't know how much western countries have supported it.