By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Do We Really Want a New Cold War?

Eagle367 said:
Farsala said:
As much of a pacifist I am in real life, sometimes a fight is needed to make things better.

Same could be said for countries and war. Wars are generally terrible, but if it saves more lives than it takes, then it is worth it. I support space exploration very heavily and the science involved with it. Most of the science would not have been possible without the Cold War.

Talking things out with China will probably lead to millions of deaths due to their regime, and then the war would come anyway after so many years.

Their modern regime hasn't killed millions( 21st century) but the US regimes have. The US is more dangerous right now than China.

Yes they have. Btw, anything the US has done, China has allowed. China doesn't care if the US kills millions, as long as they get the money and can kill millions of their own.

Around the Network

Secondly, the US is a falling empire. It lost every conflict it took part in, it's domestically becoming worse and worse, it's institutions becoming weaker, stupid inept leadership is emerging, people are losing confidence in all institutions, other countries are laughing at or pitying Americans. 

Really? Did the USA lose WW1 ? Did the USA lose in WW2? Please, indulge me with your infinite wisdom....

Not commenting on the goodness or badness of these countries though.

Why not? I will. 

John2290 said:
I've recently went from despising war and vehemently against it to being for a western vs eastern war, I can't see any other way to deal with China and continue our way of life. It's inevitable anyway, might as well het it out of the way now and have an economical boom after. China needs to go down... I mean, China numba wan!

I'm not disagreeing with you John but your geography is a little different to most people's so could you specify who you mean when you say east v west.

Nov 2016 - NES outsells PS1 (JP)

Don't Play Stationary 4 ever. Switch!

Pyro, don't call him by his first name: "John", it offends him.

Around the Network
Farsala said:
Eagle367 said:

Their modern regime hasn't killed millions( 21st century) but the US regimes have. The US is more dangerous right now than China.

Yes they have. Btw, anything the US has done, China has allowed. China doesn't care if the US kills millions, as long as they get the money and can kill millions of their own.

What the hell are you talking about? If China killed a million people since 2000, it would be huge news. Like seriously there is propaganda and then there is this. Straight up lying. And again, I never said China is good so your point is null and void. Both are evil. There is no good side. The entire premise is stupid since the US won't do anything based on ideals or morals and only based on short term profits for their war mongers and oligarchs. China doesn't work for the benefit of humanity either. Both are negative for the world but which is worse right now? I would say US by a mile. Hell Israel, Russia and Saudi Arabia are more dangerous than China right now.

Just a guy who doesn't want to be bored. Also

Eagle367 said:
Farsala said:

What the hell are you talking about? If China killed a million people since 2000, it would be huge news. Like seriously there is propaganda and then there is this. Straight up lying. And again, I never said China is good so your point is null and void. Both are evil. There is no good side. The entire premise is stupid since the US won't do anything based on ideals or morals and only based on short term profits for their war mongers and oligarchs. China doesn't work for the benefit of humanity either. Both are negative for the world but which is worse right now? I would say US by a mile. Hell Israel, Russia and Saudi Arabia are more dangerous than China right now.

US by a mile is a stretch. I'm not going to sit here and pretend that US hasn't been a destructive force since the turn of the millenia largely making messes out of things across the world, but China is no better at all, let's not brush over those "reeducation" camps. 

Nighthawk117 said:

Secondly, the US is a falling empire. It lost every conflict it took part in, it's domestically becoming worse and worse, it's institutions becoming weaker, stupid inept leadership is emerging, people are losing confidence in all institutions, other countries are laughing at or pitying Americans. 

Really? Did the USA lose WW1 ? Did the USA lose in WW2? Please, indulge me with your infinite wisdom....

We are talking about the right now as in modern times as in 21st century. It's falling, it hasn't fell yet. So five me a modern example. Also you wanna discuss the US allies and their character? Israel, Modhi's India, Saudi Arabia, dictators it's installed in South American nations, Al-nusrah aka Al-Qaeda in Syria, etc. And the US of course which is the biggest war monger of the world itself. UK, France, Australia, and Germany aren't angels either. Honestly Norway, New Zealand and other actually fully peace making decent countries should be ashamed of being allies with US but it's understandable that every nation needs to ally with one super power. 

Eagle367 said:
Nighthawk117 said:

We are talking about the right now as in modern times as in 21st century. It's falling, it hasn't fell yet. So five me a modern example. Also you wanna discuss the US allies and their character? Israel, Modhi's India, Saudi Arabia, dictators it's installed in South American nations, Al-nusrah aka Al-Qaeda in Syria, etc. And the US of course which is the biggest war monger of the world itself. UK, France, Australia, and Germany aren't angels either. Honestly Norway, New Zealand and other actually fully peace making decent countries should be ashamed of being allies with US but it's understandable that every nation needs to ally with one super power. 

Talk of US falling are ridiculously overblown as well. If you go to non biased places like the heavily monitored and peer reviewed content only, geopolitics sub on reddit they will be the first to tell you that US is still far and away the leading world power. Economically, militarily, soft power, innovation, etc. 

Declining or falling are also the wrong terms to use. Are other countries growing at a faster rate as America right now in key segments that define a power? You bet, but America is still improving in those areas, not declining. 

The amount of hyperbole in the thread is really sad.

Last edited by newwil7l - on 25 May 2020

Honestly the portal of the evil chinese is hilarious in this thread. A lot is pure be propaganda. It's honestly Red Scare 2: Electric Bugaloo. China is evil and you don't need to go down slippery slopes to say they are so damn scary. The treatment of Uyughurs is horrendous for example. But it's a weird laughable thing. Oh China will make the world Orwellian. Oh China will control when and how you poop. Oh China will stare at you while you sleep. Oh China will put monitoring equipment in your pets. Oh China will make the moon into one big camera. Oh China will tell you who to marry. Oh China will name every kid themselves and it will be numbers instead of names, Oh China will create a life book for everyone to tell them how their life will pan out. Oh China will slap you when you talk back to your parents. Oh China will tell you to clean your room or you're in big trouble mister.

Last edited by Eagle367 - on 25 May 2020