By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Watch Out for The Last of US 2 Ultra Massive story and ending Video leaked on Internet by former ND employee on Internet. Don't trust anything when it come TLOU2 words and letter on Internet

Tagged games:

Holy crap at the backlash, i figured the leak would get people hyped instead its pissing folks off because it seems ND dropped the ball on the story.
I want this to push ND to go back to focusing on gameplay, but deep down i know all we will get is more twd/got clones with a touch of over used time travel and subvert expectations in video games.

Around the Network
DeusXmachina said:
COKTOE said:

TLOU hasn't been praised for it's gameplay? Could you expand on this statement please? I can't remember what the consensus was among critics, but I have a feeling I could find praise for the gameplay if I were to meander over to an aggregate review site and look at coverage of either the original or remaster.

I haven't seen any praise for it's gameplay to be honest. That doesn't mean it's bad but it's just okay. Unlike it's story gameplay didn't actually try anything new. It was a standard cover shooter, some stealth and a bit of crafting which pretty must describes most AAA games these times.

Again, gameplay wasn't bad. It was just kind of generic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

KratosLives said:
i quote Mr druckman

“When you make a game, you have these different pillars that you're trying to balance. It's graphics, it's gameplay, it's story and you're trying not to let any one pillar overwhelm the other. You're trying to just keep all of this stuff in your mind like, how does it all work together? Recently, I realized that there's this other pillar of diversity. That's just as important as any one of these other pillars. I've kind of empowered people on the team that have made this their top priority, one of which is someone I have to give a lot of credit to, is Ashley Swidowski, our lead concept character artist, which in film terms would be our costume designer. She is constantly challenging me and pushing for diversity in our cast. Can this be a person of color? Can this be a woman? I see myself as a pretty progressive person and yet my default is a white, straight, christian male. That's interesting because I'm Jewish and yet that's the norm for me right now. It's a challenge and it requires energy to deviate from that. Therefore it's important to empower people on the team that are going to push for this pillar.”

The part where he talks about being a straight white christian by default, why does he have an issue with it? is the default straight white christian male not a good person , or something to be ashamed of? seeing yourself as jewish makes you a better person? or does he have a different meaning behind it.Maybe he doesn't like christians, who probably make up the majority of the games fanbase, and they are most likely straight, and white. Maybe he is is part of the lgbt movement and has it for them.

I too would like a source on this.

KLAMarine said:
KratosLives said:
i quote Mr druckman

“When you make a game, you have these different pillars that you're trying to balance. It's graphics, it's gameplay, it's story and you're trying not to let any one pillar overwhelm the other. You're trying to just keep all of this stuff in your mind like, how does it all work together? Recently, I realized that there's this other pillar of diversity. That's just as important as any one of these other pillars. I've kind of empowered people on the team that have made this their top priority, one of which is someone I have to give a lot of credit to, is Ashley Swidowski, our lead concept character artist, which in film terms would be our costume designer. She is constantly challenging me and pushing for diversity in our cast. Can this be a person of color? Can this be a woman? I see myself as a pretty progressive person and yet my default is a white, straight, christian male. That's interesting because I'm Jewish and yet that's the norm for me right now. It's a challenge and it requires energy to deviate from that. Therefore it's important to empower people on the team that are going to push for this pillar.”

The part where he talks about being a straight white christian by default, why does he have an issue with it? is the default straight white christian male not a good person , or something to be ashamed of? seeing yourself as jewish makes you a better person? or does he have a different meaning behind it.Maybe he doesn't like christians, who probably make up the majority of the games fanbase, and they are most likely straight, and white. Maybe he is is part of the lgbt movement and has it for them.

I too would like a source on this.

KratosLives already posted it, but here.

https://www.scpr.org/programs/the-frame/2016/07/13/50456/a-peek-into-naughty-dog-game-creator-neil-druckman/

KratosLives said:
i quote Mr druckman

The point he is making is that even thoug he is Jewish, it has been ingrained in his mind that the straight, white, christian man is default main character. It doesn't even occur to him to think outside that box.  

Around the Network
Xxain said:
KratosLives said:
i quote Mr druckman

The point he is making is that even thoug he is Jewish, it has been ingrained in his mind that the straight, white, christian man is default main character. It doesn't even occur to him to think outside that box.

Yeah it's pretty stupid of him to think like that. As though being a jewish person is any different than your average christian.Following the old testament and the words of moses or follwing the teaches of christ in the bible doesn't make either person any better or more "progressive". And the average jewish synagogue or christian church does not teach to go out and hate on gays and lesbians, or vilify them. But sure, as expected within a few billion , you will have a few sects or cults that deviate and spread hate. Views and behaviours come down to individual personality and intellect.  So it's sad of him to go that way. 

I mean Ellie was always gay, why it's suddenly a problem? Personally I play TloU for the stealth action, I don't give two s*its about the story lol

My Etsy store

My Ebay store

Deus Ex (2000) - a game that pushes the boundaries of what the video game medium is capable of to a degree unmatched to this very day.

Xxain said:
KratosLives said:
i quote Mr druckman

“When you make a game, you have these different pillars that you're trying to balance. It's graphics, it's gameplay, it's story and you're trying not to let any one pillar overwhelm the other. You're trying to just keep all of this stuff in your mind like, how does it all work together? Recently, I realized that there's this other pillar of diversity. That's just as important as any one of these other pillars.

Yeah, I think that is one of the points.

Another point is, that diversity is just as important in a game as gameplay and story are. To me, this is wrong on multiple levels.

Diversity, at its most important (not necessarily at its best), is part of the story. When your game (or whatever) is about race, gender, sex, religion, age, ect., you really must have the right, diverse cast. Can't have a game about the struggle through apartheit in South Africa with just an asuan cast. In those cases you have to get diversity right.

What bugs me about Neil is, that he thinks diversity is just as important in games without focus on race, religion, etc. Race is an important issue and if your game is about it, go for it. But if it is not, I cannot see, how a game of only black people is worse than a game with black AND asian people. Race just goes skin deep. If your story is not about it, it should not matter. Is Joel (tlou) a hindu, or a christian? Does not matter. Ellie could have been a boy and/or Joel a Woman and it would have been as great a game.

Honestly, and I don't say this lightly, but everybody who thinks more races in your game (or genders, or other things as trivial as those) makes for a better game, strikes me as somewhat racist.

Ok i have changed my view on the story and leak. I'm keeping an open mind because i see some justifications or reasons as to why certain things happened. When you know context it eases the mind a little. Let's just hope neil and gross don't fk it up.

JuliusHackebeil said:
Xxain said:

Yeah, I think that is one of the points.

Another point is, that diversity is just as important in a game as gameplay and story are. To me, this is wrong on multiple levels.

Diversity, at its most important (not necessarily at its best), is part of the story. When your game (or whatever) is about race, gender, sex, religion, age, ect., you really must have the right, diverse cast. Can't have a game about the struggle through apartheit in South Africa with just an asuan cast. In those cases you have to get diversity right.

What bugs me about Neil is, that he thinks diversity is just as important in games without focus on race, religion, etc. Race is an important issue and if your game is about it, go for it. But if it is not, I cannot see, how a game of only black people is worse than a game with black AND asian people. Race just goes skin deep. If your story is not about it, it should not matter. Is Joel (tlou) a hindu, or a christian? Does not matter. Ellie could have been a boy and/or Joel a Woman and it would have been as great a game.

Honestly, and I don't say this lightly, but everybody who thinks more races in your game (or genders, or other things as trivial as those) makes for a better game, strikes me as somewhat racist.

I think the opposite way. You are infering that unless there is a specific reason to justify it, that diversity should not exist. Why cant there be diversity for diversities sake? I dont agree with diversity being a important part of game, but do I take note of cool enthic characters? Yes I do. Speaking of ethic characters, isn't it strange that Japan is responsible for all the coolest black characters? Thats a damn shame.